View Full Version : Ever heard of this Brand???

Carl Ward
03-09-2003, 03:35 AM
I was down in my shop grinding this afternoon and our local handyman, who knows I make knives, pulled up in his truck and asked me if I still made knives? Mind you there are parts and equipment laying around every where and I am working like a fiend. Go figure. Anyway to be polite I assured him I was still making 'em and showed him my last three sheath knives and in various states of completion. He said while clean up this rental house the other day he found this old pocket knife and wanted somebody to have it that would appreciate it. Said he had cleaned it up some. Boy I would have hated to have seen the condition he found it in. Well it was a stockman style folder with three blades, light brown or natural bone scales, closed about 4 inches, light surface piting from use but other wise in great shape after I got it cleaned up. It is stamped "PAL Cutery CO. " made in USA. It sharped up to a razors edge with very little work and I plan on making it my personal pocket knife.

1) What can you folder guys tell me about this little jewel?

2) does it have any collector value or did I just luck into a great pocket knife?

By the way he never did get out of that pickup and I am not sure I have seen him outside of it more than 5 times in the last 3 years.
Thanks Carl
:)

GANNMADE
03-11-2003, 09:09 PM
I GOT A FEW OLD COLLECTORS BOOKS I'LL SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMETHING ON IT:)

Carl Ward
03-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks, I was not sure I had posted in the correct forum lots of folks looking for pictures but not much tech help on this topic. :(

Sylvester
03-12-2003, 08:17 AM
No it`s no good so go a head an send it to me:D

whv
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
you might have better luck with production knife info here (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=773) carl. or drop down a couple of forums and ask bernie levine on the same website.
good luck.

zerogee
03-12-2003, 06:52 PM
As World War II was starting up, Remington decided to get out of the cutlery business to concentrate on their arms business and sold the whole thing to Pal Cutlery Co -- including all their tooling and whatever parts stock they had.

Remington sold a heap of their pocket knives from about 1920 to 1940 -- many of these original Remington knives are considered some of the very best factory made knives ever - so Pal got quite a startup. I'd also figure at least a few of the Remington cutlers came to work for Pal.

Pal knives are certainly collectible, but they don't hold anywhere near the value of the original Remingtons or Case knives of the same period. I'd just use it and enjoy it.

-- Dwight