View Full Version : Translator?

KandS_KNIVES
12-07-2002, 07:14 AM
Ivan, I am not bilingual, but I come here and admire the knives. Could you or Alex W. put or install a translator for this forum. I would like to join in and learn.
Ken (wwjd)

Bob Warner
12-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Ken,

It would be nice. Here is a web page I have been using. It works good enough to get the point of the conversation but still leaves gaps. I have used it to transleate e-mails from other countries.

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Just cut and paste the text into this page and it translates it (Kinda). A hassle but when these people post something that I think is really cool, I translate it.

Ivan Campos
12-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Hello, Ken

Wellcome to our forum and thanks for your interest!
If you ask Pat Osborn she can point you to a translator. It is not perfect - like all web translators - but will be more than enough to allow you to interact with us.
I hope to see you here more often from now on!

Ivan Campos
12-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Hello, Bob

Thanks for helping Ken and it is nice to know you are around, too.
I see that we posted at almost the same time.

callega
12-07-2002, 09:54 AM
Hello
And there are many here that could write English. I think mine is a little rusty, but, I think, it could understand.
Welkome
:smokin

Jamey Saunders
12-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Google also has a page translator.

Go to http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en and put in the URL of the page you want to translate, the language you want it translated from, and the language you want it translated to.

Works pretty well, but like Bob's suggestion, it does leave gaps sometimes.

Colin KC
12-08-2002, 09:04 AM
Just tried the translators & it's opened up a whole forum!

Thanks guys, now I can understand the stories behind these great works:D

KandS_KNIVES
12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Thank you all for the help. I can now kinda follow the posts and conversations. Seems thouh that the Brazilian Portuguese(sp) has a lot of Spanish mixes in or is it supposed to be that way?
Ken (wwjd)

Jeff Velasco
12-10-2002, 07:24 AM
Acctualy both languages are very similar indeed. Along with french and italian laguages they all come from a latin background so they become very similar in some aspects.

I am glad you can read our posts now and eventualy give your oppinion about our matters! Your words will be most wellcome.

Rafael.XtZ
10-13-2004, 08:59 AM
muito util pra quem esta emferrujado, vale a pena dar uma resgatada nesse topic