View Full Version : Heat Tread Ovens from Koval

Peter Schlusche
08-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Hi all

i want to ask if someone of you have Experiences with the Evenheat Knife Ovens or the SUGAR CREEK ECONOMY HEAT TREAT OVENS from Koval Knives.

Im comming from Germany and here you can only find Ovens what are al lot more expensive, i think about to buy such an Oven in USA but Iam not sure if such cheap Ovens work well. Can you give me some Tips?

thans Peter

Don Cowles
08-04-2002, 04:43 PM
I use the Evenheat with the rampmaster control, and am very happy with it.

Terry Primos
08-04-2002, 07:28 PM
I use the Evenheat also. I had about 6 or 7 years service with no problems.

A few months ago it stopped working on a Friday afternoon. I called Koval and had them give me the phone number for the Evenheat manufacturer. The folks at Evenheat connected me to a technician who helped me diagnose what part had gone out.

The part that had gone bad was a relay in the control box. The technician explained to me how to remove and replace the relay with the least amount of trouble, and said he would overnight me the relay. Sure enough, at 9am on Saturday morning, the relay arrived. Using the steps described to me by the technician, I had the new relay in place and was heat-treating in about 15 minutes.

I was very happy. :D

Gary Mulkey
08-04-2002, 08:45 PM
I also use an Evenheat Oven (Rampmaster II) and have had good service out of it. I recommend the Rampmaster controls. Worth the extra money.

Gary

Peter Schlusche
08-05-2002, 05:16 AM
Hi all,

thank you for the information, that sounds really good.

I speak with the people of Koval to find out, how expensive it is to ship the Oven to Germany, than I will see if I make an order.

thank you Peter

Geno
08-05-2002, 09:47 AM
Digital controlled Even Heat is tops.
Mine has been cooking for over a decade without a single problem.
Two thumbs up.

Colin KC
08-08-2002, 06:19 AM
Hi Peter,

Try this link for forging supplies

Lakesforge (http://www.lakesforge.co.uk/index.htm)

Free trade within the European Community;)

paul harm
08-10-2002, 10:01 PM
peter- i have a evenheat thats hardly been used i'd let go for $600. shortly after buying it from kovel, i took the bladesmithing course from the a.b.s. and now use my forge to heat treat. it's manual control though. could be converted if you want digital. paul harm- 1-810-724-5582

john costa
08-16-2002, 07:20 PM
HEY PAUL,
I WOULD NOT HORN IN ON PETER, BUT IS HE INTERESTED IN YOUR OVEN? IF HE'S NOT , I MAY BE . DROP ME AN E-MAIL AND LET ME KNOW.

THANKS,
john costa
watkinsville, ga.
jspah@bellsouth.net

Peter Schlusche
08-18-2002, 08:02 AM
sorry Paul I did not answer to your post

its no problem John, I have now find some interessting ovens here in Germany what I can buy.

Peter

paul harm
08-19-2002, 09:02 AM
john, sent you a e-mail; don't know if it went. my e-mail is harm@blclinks.net

navajas
08-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone, Is anyone here familiar with the Setmaster digital controls on the Evenheat ovens sold by Texas Supply?.
Thanks, Roland

WinDancer
09-03-2002, 10:40 PM
I juist did 6 more blades in my new Sugar Creek oven. It works fine after you get the temp scale adjusted. Great tool for the money.
Dave