View Full Version : Great product for leather handles!

Steve
10-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I just finished a stag-handled knife, with leather washers as part of it, for the AM Stresa Show in Italy, . Ernie Grospitch makes a stabilized block of leather handle spacers that work beautifully. No need to glue up each piece of leather, it's all done! To see the knife and the leather blocks, go here: http://www.erniesknives.com/leather_stabilized.html
Ernie's phone number is: 1-407-568-5438
See photo below.

Steve
10-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Here is the knife with the leather section made from Ernie's stabilized leather. It is named "Strega."

zappo
10-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Man, that looks good with amber died stag. I personally like a hidden tang knife.

Steve
10-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks, Zane. My friend brought his old Western hunter to Scouts last night and cut up the steaks for the boys to cook on the coals of the fire. Made me think of my own, first hunting knife of 1964, NT, leather handled Western hunter, with which I gave myself a big cut on my left thumb, cleaning that first Mule Deer buck. (Of course, this photo isn't of "my" knife, just a shot of that model).

zappo
10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear your still involved with scouts, it's a great organization and one we need today more than ever!

Steve M
10-16-2014, 03:53 AM
Wow that handle is beautiful! and those sweeping grind lines really do it for me, awesome complement to the whole package.

Steve

mknife
10-27-2014, 05:29 AM
bellissima "Strega" !!!

Thanks Steve.

Steve
10-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Thank you, everyone. It was enjoyable to do this knife, of courts they all all, this one was just a bit different and it turned out pretty much the way I wanted it to. Like thee used to say on the A-Team, "Don't ya love it when everything comes together?"

Steve
10-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear your still involved with scouts, it's a great organization and one we need today more than ever!

"More than ever," is right, Zane. What kid doesn't need to know that he he has a duty to God and his Country and how important it is
to develop principles of the "Scout Law" in his life?