View Full Version : Knifemakers' Guild 2007

Steve
07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm anxiously getting ready for the Guild Show next week. FYI, I'll have to following knives:

Two 5" narrow tang stag-handled knives . One a spear-point shaped Camp/Hunter knife with deep hollow grind "natural stag," and the other, a fighter-type, with the same blade shape, but with bevels, or ground clip (Even though the spear point does not really have a clip), dyed stag and a double guard.

A Drop Point with the blade ground thinner than the 3/16" stock, and a different location on the thong tube, Desert Ironwood handle.

One that I call "Yellow Rose" which is a baby City Knife with rose gold guard/ferrule, one rose gold pin and one yellow gold pin and a gold thong tube, MOP, in a little pocket sheath.

[HOPEFULLY] a Stiff Horn with "I'm not sure yet" handle. Bevels on top of blade near point. (This one will be subject to the amount of sleep I get, or don't get, between now and take-off on Wed. at about noon.)

Of course, a Gala Knife which you'll have to come to the Gala to see. Not showing it to anyone until that night. It's cool, though! (IMO!) I'll post a photo when I get one, after we get home.

Looking fwd. to seeing you there!

Charles Vestal
07-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Hello Steve,

Sounds like you have been hard after it in the shop.

The Yellow Rose sounds interesting, a baby City Knife, I thought the City Knife was already a baby.

Have a safe trip, hope you have a great time.

Take Care
Charles

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Charles. It'll be a great show.
Maybe it should be called a "Preemie," or maybe a "Village Knife?" Just a smaller version that fits into a little pocket sheath. It was kind of fun to do something a little different. I made one for a customer and liked it so much I thought I'd do one for the show. The other one had SS bolsters and yellow gold pins and tube.

Steve
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
The show was great for some, not so much for others, as are all shows. New board members are Kevin Hoffman and John Fraps, both who love the Guild. Thanks for your dedication and service, gentlemen. The Gala was great, with a good crowd on Friday and part of Sat. Great to see old friends.