View Full Version : Hopeful beginning

The "Captain"
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
To all involved with this new project,
I sincerely hope that we do not loose sight of the proper objective. The useful dialogue, pertaining to Randall knives and Randall knife collecting. I am pleased to see some familiar faces (Billy S.?) posting here. Folks have felt a "drought" of late. Maybe the rain's a comin'. I applaud the work done here, so far, and I am hopefully optimistic of the future here.
Today is my birthday. I am going into town to see about getting this friggin' computer's modem replaced. I can only stay on line for a few minutes at a time. Until we visit again, good luck with this endeavor. Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback

DUH120
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
What a great day to see Capt posting again I hope he knows how much we have all missed His insight in the RANDALL WORLD! :p

Moosehead
04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Captain!

Welcome to the forums! We all look forward to you visiting here often. :)

Best regards

David

crimsontide
04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Cap,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and WELCOME TO THE FORUM. Thank you for posting and for the kind words. Please get that modem replaced and come back to the forum soon. We can all benefit from your knowledge of Randall Made Knives!!!!!

Wayne

Rob Kelly
04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey Cap

Thanks for the kind words and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Rob

Seussbrother
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old coot! For those of you who may not know Cap, he is a great friend of Randall knives and just happens to have the worst job in the house. He hunts, fishes and is the largest Randall dealer in the South. Jeez! what a job! You reckon his wife laughs at him when he leaves in the morning saying he's "going to work". Good to hear from you Cap!

Seussbrother

The "Captain"
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Allan, and the rest of ya',
Thanks for almost kind words (Ol' coot?). I will drop in from time to time and see if I can be of help. I think that everyone needs to double their efforts to come up with or in other ways "find" interesting threads and posts, in order to generate interest in this forum. Starting one of these things takes a bit of planning, but "keeping" one going and participatory takes even more.
If you all have any ideas, questions, or remarks for me, please advise. Private messages are best for me, or emails. The shorter and more "to the point" the better: and, please: one "idea" at a time. I believe that we can do some good here if given the oppurtunity and handling it properly.
Food for thought: Best, Capt. Chris
P.S. O.K. Alan, you "older" coot, get "my" avatar up here for me.............and "somebody" please help me with pics!!!

captstanaback@aol.com
phone# 1-407-436-1113
fax #1-407-436-1115

Seussbrother
04-28-2005, 09:38 PM
"O.K. Alan, you "older" coot, get "my" avatar up here for me.............and "somebody" please help me with pics!!!"

Cap, I may be older but yer gaining on me. I have just asked Moose for some professional help with pictures myself and if you look at my avatar, you'll know I ain't got that mastered either. Maybe he can save us from this bout of incontinence, er incompetence.

Seussbrother :lol

jclarksnakes
04-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Cap,
...I am very happy to see you posting here on the new forum. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Jeff

2Shot
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Happy B'Day Cap!

Will be good to read your threads again. For being South of the Mason Dixon line, your insite is pretty good!

Kent

dbacr
05-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Hello Capt,

Happy Belated B'day. Missed reading your posts.

So, this is the new forum. feels pretty good.

Moosehead
05-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Howdy DBARC and WELCOME to the Knife Network! :101

Moosehead :D

BoBlade
05-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey Dan,

Welcome! It's great to have you posting here.

Best,

Ron

dbacr
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
I'm always looking for some good Randall discussions.
I most likely won't post as often as some, but I'm always reading. :D

Dan

The "Captain"
05-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Dan,
Glad you got my email and decided to join in. Good ta hear from ya'. Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

P.S. email sent to ya'