View Full Version : It's Time!!

mrsjoan
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, this weekend is the winter meeting of the North Carolina Custom Knifemakers' Guild. The meeting is Saturday, January 15 and starts at 9:30 a.m. John and I are preparing tonight to leave tomorrow :confused: for the meeting. We are about 6 hours away so we have to get started early to get there on time. John is busy having me print copies of the jig he used when he first began fluting handles on his daggers. He will give lots of tips and insights on how he does that. He also will be giving details on how he comes to the finished product.

Bill Pate has put together a good slate of demos with Andrew doing a demo on knife photography. Man I need that. Barry and Phillip Jones will be helping folks with their flat grinding. These guys do a great job so be sure and bing a blade blank with you for some hands on.

The meeting will be at the Montgomery Community College in Troy, NC. Directions can be found in the December 2004 issue of Billets and Blades on the Guild's website (http://www.ncknifeguild.org/newsletters.htm). While you are at the website be sure and check out the list of latest knifemaking classes that the NC Guild along with Montgomery Community College will be sponsoring.

John and I always look forward to attending these meetings, getting together with friends, and learning more about knifemaking. If you are in the neighborhood be sure and stop by.

Andrew McLurkin
01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the nice overview Joan. Tell John to bring a couple of his knives for me to shoot. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! Safe Travel.