View Full Version : $100 Cd

rhrocker
11-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Did anyone else besides me put a $100 deposit down on a Damascus CD that was to be out in October?? I wonder what gives??

fitzo
11-27-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm wondering, too!

Ed Caffrey
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I didn't hear about this one........what's the CD, and where does it come from?

fitzo
11-27-2004, 08:51 PM
"Encyclopaedic" damascus tutorial, JD Smith, ABS MS, 2 disc set, $100 for pre-order of first cd, $125 for 2nd installment. Initially, it was announced through an article in Blade. Due in early October. Delayed, no timeframe given. Small series of video clips and Table of Contents have been sent in two emails to "keep us excited". I'm excited alright. :mad:

Ed Caffrey
11-28-2004, 08:43 AM
OH! OK! I was wondering who was putting out a video of that price. That's the reason I've not said anything more about my videos........I've been in contact with the editor of mine, and "supposedly", the first one will be done prior to Christmas.......but I'm not betting the farm on it. It's tough once the thing is out of your hands, and your depending on someone else to get everything finished up. In fact I'm suppose to contact my editor tomorrow and see where he's at.

Once the video you mentioned is out, let me know if it's worth the $$$.

sjaqua
12-03-2004, 11:27 AM
The $100 dollar one is a little steap for me. But once it's out if someone would review it I might pop for one.

And Ed let us know when your video is out. I'm sure I will want this given how infomative you are on-line.

I have two of Gene's videos. And while I don't have a hydrolic press, they were still very informative.

All in all finding this group of folks has been one of the bigest breaks I have recieved in the course of learning the bladesmiths craft.

INDIAN GEORGE
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
He hasn't return my calls or emails. The last message was on my answer machine telling me that it was delayed.

fitzo
12-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Seems to be a common theme of a lack of communication. A simple explanation of the difficulties and some type of projected timeframe would have sufficed. The fact that emails and concerns go unanswered is what's really pissing me off.

He used his ABS MS title to help sell this product. Too much more delay and I'll be complaining to them even if it doesn't do anything other than make them aware.

A note to Blade will be in order, too.

rhrocker
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Mike, do you think Mr. Smith will be handing out DVD's at the Vegas show this weekend? I wish he'd put mine in the mail to me first instead of trying to sell them there, we've prepaid ($100.00!!!!)

Hot&CoaledForge
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Robert, he says he's shipping them now, so you might wish to post and see if you can't confirm yours is on the way:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330302

- Jim

INDIAN GEORGE
02-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Robert: Have you received it and whats in your opinion on it???? :confused:

rhrocker
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi IG! I received it, sent you a PM. Thanks for asking.
Robert