View Full Version : Test our site: Smith & Bolton

davebolton
10-19-2001, 09:12 AM
If any one reads this post I would be much obliged if you would visit our site. We are currently having problems with our server; it seems that some drivers will not load our page.
Please try to load our page if this does not work please email the error mess, and driver you are ussing with your version number.

All response to this post will be a great service to our fledgling site.

CKDadmin
10-19-2001, 10:37 AM
Looks OK to me, Dave. Java navigation may be the problem on certain browsers.

Alex

JerryO13
10-19-2001, 12:10 PM
When I use netscape (my primary browser) your site comes up as an all white page, with no working "buttons". With Microsoft Internet Explorer it loads OK.

davebolton
10-19-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks any response is greatly appreciated, keep us posted and I will email this page to our server.

Many thanks.

primos
10-19-2001, 07:34 PM
With IE 6, I get a few errors.

<li>A Windows dialog box that say's "An error occurred. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 this could be do to your security settings".

<li>Several warnings about syntax errors when the page tries to display. They are basically saying that supplied arguments are not valid MySQL result resources.

JerryO13
10-23-2001, 11:51 AM
Still getting an all white page in Netscape.
all fine with IE 5.0

KnifeWife
10-23-2001, 04:54 PM
In 6.0.26 it works pretty well. At time I lose the left navigation bar as I go from page to page.

In Netscape Nav 6.1 the left nav doesn't work at all, but you can go to the other pages through the large "map" in the main frame. Those links work.

primos
10-23-2001, 06:41 PM
Yes, it is working now with IE 6.0.26.

The problem of so many incompatibilities to worry about is exactly what has made me stick with the boring old straight HTML all this time.

I was redesigning my site with frames and quickly became frustrated with making things fit and look right regardless of screen resolution, browser, etc. Now I'm re-thinking the issue.

Another thing that would really make things better for me is using CSS, but again, there is a problem with complete compatibility across platforms.

Anyway, I'm rambling here -- sorry. The site looks very nice. Good job.

Boriqua
10-28-2001, 09:33 AM
Im having the same problem as Pat with IE6
Switching amoungst the pages I lose the left navigation bar. Cool stuff on the site though :)

I will learn to spell correctly. I will learn to spell korecly.uugh :D

davebolton
11-16-2001, 09:45 AM
Once again thanks for the input folks, I'll send this along to our server.

JerryO13
11-16-2001, 11:56 AM
Working in Netscape 4.72 :)

jar
11-17-2001, 07:14 AM
Works with IE 5,5 just fine. But with laws and restrictions going the way they are you'll have to change the name of The Traveler to The Leave at Home;)