View Full Version : Custom DDR3

MH Knives
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Now you have the chance of buying an affordable and custom modified Derral Ralph knife.

This folder is based on the Darrel Ralph DDR3 Kit. The blade is 3.6 inch (88 mm) and with a total length of 8.1 inch (199 mm) it's a fairly big folder. The tactical blade is made out of AUS8 steel and polished to a satin finish (grid 600).
The folding action works smoothly due to the Teflon washers and locks with a distinct "click". The knife has no glued parts so you can take it apart and clean it very easily.

Wood scales made out of dessert iron wood sanded to grid 1000 for that great smooth fell. The spine of the handle is highly decorated with filwork in wine pattern, even the end butt of the folder has some filwork filed in to it. The bolsters are out of heat treated stainless steel and polished to grid 1500.

http://www.hjelmgren.com/Magnus/Bilder/Knivar/19.jpg

Price
$137, ?109 or ?75 (+ shipping)
I prefer PayPal but other ways of payment can be discussed with the buyer.

/ Magnus

MH Knives
10-16-2004, 02:03 PM
SOLD

Thank you!

SharpByCoop
10-16-2004, 02:58 PM
No surprise that this went so fast. Quite a LOT of good work and talent along with the costs of the components for such a price.

Congrats on a fine piece--to both buyer and seller!

Coop

MH Knives
10-21-2004, 04:02 PM
No surprise that this went so fast. Quite a LOT of good work and talent along with the costs of the components for such a price.

Congrats on a fine piece--to both buyer and seller!

Coop

Thanks Jim!

And what about the picture?! ;)
I'm actually really pleased with the picture, for being just an amateur photographer.
Can you give me any pointer when it comes to taking photos of knives?

SharpByCoop
10-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Hi Magnus (?),

You done good on the photo. You simply need more light, but NOT incandescent light like is reflected off the blade. Still, it came out good. The insets are a good idea to add in more details, and they help. Look at all knife images and find out what appeal to YOU and start experimenting more. Use outdoor overcast lighting for more clarity, unless you have a good lightboz inside.

Keep at it. Good work!

Coop