View Full Version : Kinda quiet around here

paradiggum
10-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Well this place needs some conversation.
Where do you find yourself carrying your Busse or Swamprat? Do you have an EDC or do you have a larger blade you just take in the woods or field. Have you bought one and thought "What the heck am I gonna use this for?"
I mean that in a good way. :D I have no use for a Battle Mistress but still I have 2 of them. :lol

Well come on people. I know you have something to say.

MtMike
10-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Sorry I haven't been carrying my share of the conversation -- surely others are lurking;)

About a year and a half ago I made a bunch of sheaths for Wetdog -- one of them was for his ironwood handled PR, which I really liked :) Recently he and I traded some more leather (yes, Dawg, I know I still owe you :D ) for that PR and the sheath. It's a canted sheath, left side carry, right hand cross draw, so it lies quietly out of sight under a T-shirt or jacket, but is easy to get to when needed. Great little blade, and the heavy ironwood handle makes it feel like a much bigger knife in the hand - -I can't imagine the skeleton version feeling anything like it !
When I go to the desert I carry either the Coot or Howler, sometimes my Tramp. But the Coot seems to get the most travel time. And even tho I have a leather belt sheath for it, it seems to want to ride tucked in my belt most of the time -- yeah, really smart on my part, but it just seems to happen. I spose one of these days I'll start a thread about emergency rooms visited because of gross stupidity in carrying knives, but that's another story :D
I hope Dawg checks in on this thread - I know he carries a NO to work all the time, in a cross-draw I made for him recently.
Not to mention the other 200 or so Rat and Busse sheaths I've made in the past 3 years !! Who's carrying ??!!
Mike