View Full Version : museum trips

Don Halter
09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
I fly out tomorrow afternoon for New York (actually fly into Hartford and then drive). Friday will be spent at the NY Met handling the reserve collection of gauntlets as well as a few blades. Measurements and such will be documented for everything we handle. next, we go down to the Philly museum and browse the general collection, then onto the Higgins. We'll spend one afternoon at the Higgins, then be back on a Monday. They are opening the museum just for us on Monday. the curator has supplied us with a catalog listing of the collections there, where we were able to choose quite a number of items to handle and measure and photo. They have quite a few really nice rondel daggers and greatswords I requested. If anyone has any particular piece they want photos of, let me know by tomorrow morning.

J.Arthur Loose
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Don,

Have fun...the Higgins is great and not as well known as it could be. They have less than the Met but display more.

Say, what is your PHD going to be in, anyway?

Don Halter
09-08-2004, 09:38 PM
The Higgins has been great to work with. I'm still shocked that they are opening the museum to us on a day they are usually closed and allowing us to view and handle essentially anything we wanted.

Nuclear Engineering specializing in Health Physics of transuranic elements

Metabolic modeling and dose calculations for the deposition, translocation and removal of Pu-239/240 in human skeletal surface cells

Wow...what a mouthful...what the hell was I thinking when I came up with that project:)!

P.S. I'll have a pdf file of my dissertation on my site when I'm done. Hours of enjoyable reading :).

Roger Gregory
09-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Nuclear Engineering specializing in Health Physics of transuranic elements

Metabolic modeling and dose calculations for the deposition, translocation and removal of Pu-239/240 in human skeletal surface cells

P.S. I'll have a pdf file of my dissertation on my site when I'm done. Hours of enjoyable reading :).

Is that a new definition of "enjoyable"? :D

Roger

Roger Gregory
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Have a good trip to New York, Don.

Those collections sound good. We await reports....

Roger

sjaqua
09-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Don,

You are one lucky dog!

And I want photos of everything!

Have a good trip.