View Full Version : Tutorials

dogman
03-02-2001, 11:25 PM
Just a little update. I am, as we speak, working on converting the tutorial posts to actual web links with the tutorials. I am doing the big ones first (Jason's liner lock, Neil's lock back, Terry's Lil' Skinner, Don's bolster), then I will start consolidating the other questions like wood conditioning, guard fitting, etc. Eventually, we will have highly graphical tutorials of every aspect of knifemaking. Down the road, it will be digital video.

Also, I will add links to other tutorials like Bruce's.

Some of the areas, I will include tips from multiple makers so everyone can see the variety of styles that are used to achieve the same result.

So, you can use this thread (and the CKD request mechanism) to tell us what tutorials you would like to see.

I want to link up with Neil Blackwood, and go through the making of a kydex sheath with him.

Patience is the key, though. I have to copy all the pictures used on the forums, reformat them for size and bandwidth, correct abrviated writing styles, etc., just to get one done.

The first batch will be ready in about two weeks.

My apologies for putting the forum headers on the back burner. I will get to the rest of those someday.

Jason G Howell
03-04-2001, 11:09 PM
Good idea! If you need anything, let me know. I'm here to help.

CKDadmin
03-05-2001, 01:45 AM
Bob and I are working on some massive front end work, so if you guy's can handle the forum for us, we'll keep hammering the core design out.

You're going to love his tutorial section and the new listing system will blow your minds!

Alex

KnifeWife
03-05-2001, 02:18 PM
Alex & Bob,
How can I help? I do a pretty good job typing and editing.