View Full Version : Twisted W

tonn
08-25-2004, 09:29 AM
After a twist the bar was splitted lenghtwise and welded inside out.
http://www.internetbusinesslinks.net/album/tonn/m3.jpg

fitzo
08-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Very nice steel. I really like what can be done with w's! Well done, and thanks for sharing! :101

Lawrence Kemp
08-26-2004, 06:24 AM
I like that too! Thanks!

sjaqua
08-26-2004, 06:22 PM
That is a stunning pattern.

DiamondG Knives
08-31-2004, 11:46 PM
Tonn:
Hope you dont mind if I ask a few questions, because Im currently working on my first W pattern, and I LOVE the look of this one!!

1.) How many layers did you start your initial billet with?
2.) How many layers did you go to before you started folding onto the edges?
3.) Was your bar drawn to close to the finished length befor you cut the bar down the
middle? Im wondering if additional forging would distort the pattern more?

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

tonn
09-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Tonn:
Hope you dont mind if I ask a few questions, because Im currently working on my first W pattern, and I LOVE the look of this one!!

1.) How many layers did you start your initial billet with?
2.) How many layers did you go to before you started folding onto the edges?
3.) Was your bar drawn to close to the finished length befor you cut the bar down the
middle? Im wondering if additional forging would distort the pattern more?

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Hi, Mike!
1.; 2. - Don't remember, but 20 - 30 will do well.
3. - ALLWAYS make bar thicker and shorter - during the welding it will strech and - yes, forging will distort the pattern more or less.
Good luck and feel free in experimenting - sometimes You get unexpected results, more interesting than planned! :)

severtecher
09-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Tonn, I gotta tell you that is one great looking piece. Please post more pics on anything you have in this pattern. Are you selling bars of this?

tonn
09-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Tonn, I gotta tell you that is one great looking piece. Please post more pics on anything you have in this pattern. Are you selling bars of this?

Glad You like it .
No I don't sell bars. In a past I sold a few blades, not anymore. It's just not interesting.