View Full Version : Bali gathering

louie
08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Yesterday i went to see Heath at his new home and at the same time i had the pleasure of visiting Dennis "Osprey Guy" and i have to say he was full of information and his workshop was great. I had the chance of showing him my file work that i had started and he was kind enough to touch it up and made it look completely different . Thank you for enviting me into your home Dennis and i hope to do this again soon , so we can have more time to chat.

ExamonLyf
08-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Very cool Loiue! You should go buy the Kits Forum and hang out there sometimes. Dennis is so helpful with tips.., advice, and telling how he does things it's very valuable (and understandable for those of us not so talented).

I'm jealous! 8o

Must have been neat to see Heath and Mary's new place also..., you had quite a day.

If Dennis lived near me I'd be dragging him over to my crappy shop daily......lol

Osprey Guy
08-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Louie-

It was a pleasure having you guys over...I had a great time!
You forgot to mention that Shaun (Shooby) stopped by as well...
Spending the night hangin' with fellow knife nuts...Hey it just doesn't get any better! :D

Before I forget, thanks for helping me get my mini-mill setup on the new workbench...For two big fellows like you and Heath to be straining a bit, it must be heavier than I thought...or else you both need to be taking more vitamins. :lol

As far as your fileworked BM, in all fairness, you tried to filework a hardened 440C blade, by hand! No small feat. All I had to do was come in behind you with me power carving tools and clean things up...and a little "tweak" here and there. And as I explained, I also had the benefit of lots of light, good magnification, and pretty fair amount of filework experience under my belt.

You guys are more than welcome anytime...Come on by again and we'll sit down and do some practice filework together. ;)

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby! :smokin

PS. I'm glad I was able to get my R&R Typhoon back in hand in time to show it to you...The package only arrived from Portland yesterday morning...cutting it close!
BTW-I hope to have that new "bali" finished in time for Chicago! :)

PPS.

Icon of Sin
08-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Man that Mill was heavy, but fortunately I worked out earlier in the day (workout consisted of taking a box holding 1600 dollars in wrapped quarters to the bank, Louie laughed as I carried it in... man that was heavy...)

But yeah, we had a blast, definately gotta do it again. Your progress looks great on the new bali, cant wait to see the finished product...

shooby
08-22-2004, 01:33 AM
But yeah, we had a blast, definately gotta do it again. Your progress looks great on the new bali, cant wait to see the finished product...
I second that! :D