View Full Version : Hey Schwarzer?

Greg Covington
08-19-2004, 04:05 AM
I just noticed on the SOFA Quad state flyer that you are the guest blademithing demonstrator.

I live within walking distance of the SOFA building at the fairgrounds and I plan on attending.

If you need any ifo on the area, etc, etc.....please let me know!

Maybe you can come over and see my shop and the Claiborne press that I recently added?

schwarzer
08-19-2004, 02:54 PM
sounds like fun. Love to visit your shop. I plan be in early thursday. I hope sofa will have a belt grinder for me to use . Ya never know when you are flying in what equipment will be on hand. I am going to do a powder metal mosaic or two or three depending on the amount of time and if they have the right forge to get the proper heat. I made one powder mosaic can in California with a hand hammer after the air hammer they had at the meet died. Can you say tendonitus! Can spell it but it hurt for days.
Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see.

Greg Covington
08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I will email you my phone number here soon so if there is anything you need...maybe I can help.

I have an extra Fogg style forge that gets VERY hot if you might need it.

They look to be very well equipped there at SOFA.

I am literally about 10 min walking distance from there.....and I also know all the good places to eat....so let me know what you like!

Lawrence Kemp
08-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Hey Greg,
How long did it take you to drive home from Bowies? I'm starting to get a little green with envy.

Greg Covington
08-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Larry....

Takes about 5.5 hrs from Knoxville......quicker if if drive like a demon.

Quad State is really great.......I think Bowie told me that Dana Acker gets there too.

If you come up we can hang out, etc.....it'll be fun!

Greg