View Full Version : Thunder Mountain Forge Hammer In

DiamondG Knives
08-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey Bowie, I was wondering if you had decided what particulars you would be having for your cutting compitition?? Wondering about knife siaze, and what were gonna be cutting.

Is Blade length 10" OAL 15" and blade width 2" still the norm?

Is there a spec for weight?

Inquiring (and unstable) minds want to know!

God Bless
Mike

Lawrence Kemp
09-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Hi Mike!!
Bowie is having computer problems, and is going to be getting a new one shortly, and will be making a post about instructors, contests, learning opportunities, Bull Chipmonks, etc.

I hope I caught you before you started forging your cutting knife though, because you may not know about the "over 190 lbs. rule.) I'm thinking you're going to have to use a smaller blade if you're over 190 lbs., cut away from you, and do it all on your knees. He also mumbled something about pink slips for the knives and winner takes all, etc. etc. Also mentioned was if you had ever been a "super winner" of past iron in the hats, you would have your right arm tied to your left knee. AND if you have been rumored to have talked to Jim Crowell about the design of your knife, you will be required to cut blindfolded........

Anyway, Good Luck MIKE!!!

fitzo
09-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Also mentioned was if you had ever been a "super winner" of past iron in the hats, you would have your right arm tied to your left knee.

And so that means you have to swing left-handed, too, then, Mr. "I don't have enough pockets for all this stuff I won"????? :eek:

Dang, I'm gonna miss you guys! Have fun!!!

DiamondG Knives
09-09-2004, 04:28 PM
HMMMMMM....... Let me see if I have this right. I have to kneel on my right hand, cut backwards, and only use my bad eye ?? OK, your on! :D

And Fitz, my friend you will be missed! Sure would be nice to see you and Nancy again, but I know how things somtimes work. Rest assured you will be talked about at length. :D

God Bless

Mike

hammerdownnow
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Now now, to be fair to Mike, he had Bowie announce at the beginning. "Mike says if ya'll wanna win, this is the way ya do it" We just all looked at him like we was struck stupid, so we can't blaim Mike. Besides, Who knows if he got all that stuff anyway, I seem to remember a big pickup truck loaded down with the stuff with a vanity plate that said LRYKMP pullin out at high speed on Sunday.