View Full Version : Kershaw/Onion Storm

Dirk
08-09-2004, 11:16 AM
I just picked up one of these. A solid little knife for the price point. Two immediate things stand out. First, they could have taken the extra couple of seconds to hit the spine of the blade on the belt and clean up some of the cut out marks. This wouldn't be intricate work. Just a quick touch on the belt. Second, blade rub. The blade wants to rub the non lock side handle. To keep it from rubbing, I have had to tighten the pivot to the point where you can hardly move the blade via thumb stud. Thos two negatives out of the way, I tink this is a great design. The blade is ground vey well, edge geometry is good and even through the entire edge. Very sharp out of the box. The handle fits my hand perfectly. Even though it is a very thin steel handle, it works well in saber or reverse grip. I can even leave with the glued on traction tape for the inlays. The tape gives excellent grip, but does come across as a little cheesy. I can even live with the clip. It fits this knife and doesn't cause any issues with the lock relief. Not like the Bump does. For $40, I can live with the problems mentioned and can probably correct them myself.

TKC
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
I haven't handled one yet, but have liked the looks of it. Are you still liking your Storm?

Dirk
10-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Still happy with the Storm. No doubt. It doesn't get a lot of carry. That is only because I am carrying stuff I like a lot more. Based on the recently made Storms I have handled, it appears they have solved the rubbing problem. If I only had $40 to spend on a knife, the Storm would be very close to, if not at the top of that list.