View Full Version : Hammer-in Head Count?

jeffj
04-30-2001, 08:52 PM
Okay, just 4 days away to the Spring Hammer-in down Old Washington way in Southern Arkansas...do we have a final head count?

I'm staying at the Best Western in Hope.

Let's try to get there early enough on Friday to all go out for a bite to eat.

Terry? Mike?

Jeff

primos
04-30-2001, 09:13 PM
Yep, I'll be there. I'm at Best Western also. What time are you shooting for?

MIKE KOLLER
04-30-2001, 09:23 PM
Had to do Super 8.But I am game.What time are you looking for?Looks to be about 4hrs worth of driving for me and definetly will be hungry. :)

jeffj
05-01-2001, 05:56 AM
Can we all make it between 7 and 8pm?

Jeff

Mike Conner
05-01-2001, 06:41 AM
I'll be there, had to get a room at the Holiday Inn Express across the highway from the Best Western. ($64.00 + tax per night OOUCH!) I am about 3 hours driving time, hope to be there between 7 and 8.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Mike Conner

Mike Conner
05-01-2001, 08:40 AM
Well #@*^@+%#* Looks like I am going to have to miss it after all. I just got a call from the crazy woman that we have been leasing land from to hunt deer on for the last 9 years, She informed me that she is no longer going to lease the land for hunting and that we have until the end of the month to get all of our stuff off of the place. I have three different travel trailers, an old Bronco, six feeders. a tower stand, 4 tripod stands and various other items that I will have to get off, so it looks like I will be making a trip every weekend this month and it is almost 400 miles from my house to the place we had leased.
Maybe I'll make it in the fall.
I'm really pi$$ed.
Mike Conner

primos
05-01-2001, 10:38 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry about the timing on that that one Mike. We'll save a spot for you at the next one.

Jeff, I'll be there long before that. When you get there and get settled in, give me a call. Just so you'll know, they won't give out people's room numbers for security reasons. But if you call the main desk and ask for them to ring my room for you, they'll do that.

Seems like most of the makers tend to go eat about 7:00pm. There's a steakhouse right by the motel. Everybody just walks over there.

MIKE KOLLER
05-01-2001, 04:19 PM
I too will be there earlier,may have one stop to make at Benton and then I'll be on my way again,probably get there noonish -twoish.

Sorry to hear about the lease gone bad,I truley feel for you on that one Mike.

jfisk
05-01-2001, 09:34 PM
Terry
I will be there Friday afternoon. Gotta go by and get Sava ready to test for his MS stamp.
Are you going to enter the cutting comp?
fisk

jeffj
05-01-2001, 09:46 PM
Terry,

I will try to get there about 5pm or so. Are you getting there earlier for a reason?

Jeff

primos
05-01-2001, 09:59 PM
Jerry,
Thanks for dropping in. I'm going to try to be there Friday afternoon also.

I am ashamed to say it, but once again I have sold a knife that I was going to use in the cutting competition. But if you and Mr. Williams need any help setting up the various events, I'll be glad to help.

Jeff,
I try to get there in the afternoon and spend some time chatting with Mr. Fisk and some of the other guys. If you make it by 5pm or so, that would be great.

MIKE KOLLER
05-02-2001, 03:35 AM
I will be more than glad to help also ,just let me know.It would be an honor!!

m williams
05-02-2001, 09:07 AM
Terry; how you been? Have you been practicing on your ukalele? I have got the singing part down pat. Be there between 6 and 7.

primos
05-02-2001, 10:01 AM
I'm doing pretty good Mike. I had forgotten all about the ukulele thing. :lol: Let's see, what was that you were going to sing -- "Tiptoe Through the Tulips"?

Jerry or Mike, are we supposed to wear a suit for the "shindig" for Mr. Moran? I hadn't even thought about it till just now.

m williams
05-02-2001, 03:09 PM
Terry, As far as I know, it's standard ol' hammer-in wear. Looking forward to talking to you deep south folks.

jfisk
05-02-2001, 06:16 PM
Yep on the standard hammer-in apparel unless this is your first time to visit a hammer-in. If it is
first time then you need to wear a white carnation. If you come up to a group that is talking and
visiting they will ignore you unless you squeeze your carnation. They will know at that time that you
want to join in on the talk.
start taking money at the door at 6:15 on saturday night for it.
fisk

primos
05-02-2001, 07:11 PM
That's right. New guys don't forget!

http://www.flowerjungle.com/images/FJPics/123.jpg

jeffj
05-02-2001, 09:21 PM
I just got out the ruler to measure my legs...and I found the right one 8" longer than the left one! Could you guys pull a little more on the left?

Jeff