View Full Version : E-mail addresses.....?New members and old.

MIKE KOLLER
03-25-2001, 03:22 AM
Could I get everyone to make sure that your email addresses are included in your public profile .It can be keep private and still allow persons to contact you.This way,if there is a project of something going on or starting we could contact you and see if you would be interested in participating in .As of right now we have two history making projects in the makes. :D

Plus it will keep you form having to post your email every time you would like someone to contact you directly.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Mike Koller

CKDadmin
03-25-2001, 04:53 AM
Yes ... I second that. If you have an e-mail address, please let us have access to it in the private setup. There's a lot going on behind the scenes and I'd like to get the messages out to everyone at once, if possible.

Of course, it's not a law. But, if you want to be sure you're getting the juice, get in there and double-check your setup for me.

Thanks Mike ... I've been needing them too!

Alex

R Todd
03-25-2001, 03:26 PM
Strange, I checked my profile and it says my email is private. I tried to edit my preferences but could not find out how to take it off of private.

Mondt
03-25-2001, 04:46 PM
My profiel said private too. I could not find how to remove this so I just enabled the private contact feature.

I must be missing something. It is not uncommon for me to do that.:)

primos
03-25-2001, 04:55 PM
Here you go guys...

<li>Go to My Control Center Make sure you're on the My Home tab.

<li>Click the edit profile button. You'll be taken to you personal profile page. At the top right corner of your profile, you'll see the Email Address field. Check the Publicize email address checkbox box.

<li>Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save Changes button.

BCB27
03-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the CKD, Richard. Richard is the guy that takes my pics and I think he does a great job.

Brett

Mike Sader
03-25-2001, 10:48 PM
Terry, man you make things so easy for us non-techie kinda guys :) , did the e-mail change, Mike I don't have the equip. or the experience to do much on the blades but I have done some leatherwork and would be proud to try and make a sheath for a proj. knife. Let me know if I can help. Workin on the inexperienced stuff, maybe soon!! Mike Sader

MIKE KOLLER
03-25-2001, 11:39 PM
Mike,
All are welcome to participate.I just need to know that you want in,and then we will work out the details from there.Thanks for putting your name in the hat. :D

R Todd
03-26-2001, 03:19 AM
Hey Brett, thanks for the welcome!!! This is a nice forum, I think its one I will enjoy for a long time to come.

fria1
03-26-2001, 08:22 AM
i just signed up a few days ago and found out now that my email address does not show up in the profile- i changed it and hope it works ;)

CKDadmin
03-26-2001, 11:00 AM
Hey Andi!

I didn't realize that was you ... man, welcome to the CKD forums! We're glad you got signed up with us.

Look, make yourself at home and have a blast. We love to have reports from our Europian brothers.

If you ever need help, just holler and we'll get in there.

Welcome aboard!
Alex

JerryO13
03-26-2001, 06:02 PM
You Got it. I never even realized it was private.

MIKE KOLLER
06-01-2001, 09:21 PM
Just bringing it all up again :)

raker
06-01-2001, 11:47 PM
I can't even find my profile. When I tried to log in, it didn't recognize my pass word.
Where is the profile listed and how do you change it?

Ray Kirk dba Raker Knives

primos
06-02-2001, 12:19 AM
Ray,
Were you trying to login as "<font color="blue">raker</font>" when it was rejecting your password? Your account is setup with the user name of "<font color="blue">raker1</font>". Assuming that's what happened, then just login as raker1.

Also, if you have "cookies" enabled on your browser, you only have to login one time. After that you will automatically be logged in any time you access the forums.

By the way, I checked your account (raker1), and your email address is active.

------------------

Now, about getting to your profile. You have to be logged in to access your profile. You get there from the <font color="blue">My Control Center</font> link near the top of the forums.

From the Control Center, you want to make sure you are on the <font color="blue">my home</font> tab, then click on the <font color="blue">edit profile</font> button.

This sounds like a lot, but once you start "clicking", there's nothing to it.

Tom Militano
06-02-2001, 10:15 AM
Mine was showing as private, along with my name.
Tom

Tom Militano
06-02-2001, 10:33 AM
In the box that has my name there is a box with a red x in it. What does that mean? Thanks.
Tom

primos
06-02-2001, 11:25 AM
Tom,
That little box with the red X in it is where your Personal Pic goes. The red X means that the image specified in your profile for a Personal Pic can't be found.

The URL (address) needs to be changed to point to the proper location. Right now, it is pointing to...

http://www.ezboard.com/ezgfx/gicons/knife1pixel.jpg

...which does not exist.

BOB28
06-02-2001, 08:52 PM
Can Y'all see mine?

Bob Warner
06-02-2001, 09:19 PM
Yes Bob28, it is there.

robertwashburn
06-04-2001, 08:39 PM
rlwashburn@excite.com