View Full Version : balisong routines

tal_flint
07-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi

does anybody have an idea of some practice routines for a newbe?

i'm looking for some nice combinations to make my practice a bit more interesting.

thanks

tal

ExamonLyf
07-04-2004, 04:43 PM
:101

Welcome tal_Flint.., good to have you here.., and sure we can help ya with anything Balisong related.

"Icon of Sin" (AKA - Heath).., has some cool videos he's shared in the Video Library, and "Blasto" (AKA - Dave).., also has some neat stuff, and one of the smoothest styles around.

Both Heath and Dave are Moderators here on the Network, so watch for their posts, and I'd also check out -THIS- (http://www.balisongxtreme.com) terrific site by Clay Groskranz.

Pay particular attention to his fantasitic tutorials, drills, etc. He also has a great DVD, and is on the short list of [THE BEST] as far as two-handed manipulations go.

Hope you enjoy it here.., and stick around, we're going to be giving away some very cool stuff coming up soon!

Hope your 4th of July is a good one!

tal_flint
07-04-2004, 05:22 PM

Icon of Sin
07-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey man, welcome, you canget direct links to my vids from my signature. Also check out the section from 8th sinner on the archive...

tal_flint
07-05-2004, 02:29 PM
those links are great.
what i was looking for was ways to combine the drills to something very fluid.start with 1 drill that leads to another etc.most of the vids in the Balisong Video Archive are too advanced for me now or toofast so its hard to take them apart.

tal

ZENGHOST
07-05-2004, 09:33 PM
those links are great.
what i was looking for was ways to combine the drills to something very fluid.start with 1 drill that leads to another etc.most of the vids in the Balisong Video Archive are too advanced for me now or toofast so its hard to take them apart.

tal
tal--basically it's a matter of learning the individual routines and stringing them together in a manner that flows. I know that sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but what happens is that you'll begin to find that after you start learning a lot of the individual moves, when you finish one move you'll be in good position for another one. For me a lot of this happened by just feeling my way through it. I would do one move and when it was finished it would instinctly begin another. There are specific instructional vids in the Archive that you may want to look at such as Icon's Retwirl or 8thsinner's 8 Ball. Icon and 8th go through each part of the combo and break it down into smaller sections.

Blasto
07-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Definately check out Heath and 8th's vids and of course Clay's site (ExamonLyf gave you a link). Clay's site is where most of us got our start. You're not going to learn a whole lot if you visit my site.... my stuff isn't so much instructional as it is a breakdown of techniques. There's no actual "how-to". But there are some good tips on how to have a balisong manipulation stand-off with a ninja. :p

ExamonLyf
07-13-2004, 10:52 PM
There's no actual "how-to". But there are some good tips on how to have a balisong manipulation stand-off with a ninja. :p

Cool Dave.., I need that just about everytime I go to the mall .. :) Seems to be a "Ninja" at every corner!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrgh!