View Full Version : What's coming out of your shop in the next few months?

dogman
06-26-2001, 01:52 PM
Not the standard stuff. What are you doing new?

I will be doing my first Damascus knife. The challenges of etching the blade and bolsters on a fixed blade should be quite interesting.

I have two new boot/neck knife designs I will be making. One keeps my standard lines, but the other is a bit different.

I can't do another folder until I clean out pending fixed blade orders. But I do have new folder designs that are just waiting to be made. I have Damascus for blades and bolsters, so I am looking forward to doing something a bit more upscale.

ansoknives
06-26-2001, 04:05 PM
well...I am going to catch up on my orders...that is new!..I am full time knifemaking these days...it is real nice....gonna finish the fantasy piece I have bben showing you drawings of....probably next week it will be done. I will post pic ofcourse.....

I hope to be able to make at least one folder when I am on top of the orders....

Gonna make a doubleedge booot knife in Damasteel with Damasteel bolsters and mammoth....gold screws...it is very new to me to double grind and use screws..

Gonna make a prototype of some new designs...one small blade and one BIG one...for starters....

well I guess that is it....

Don Cowles
06-26-2001, 06:39 PM
Like Jens, I have some orders to catch up on. After that, I will be making the next generation of my straight pocket knives, with some in carbon steel/nickel damascus. I have a few other ideas on the back burner, but have to wait for a block of time to show up so I can work on them.

J Loose
06-27-2001, 10:48 AM
First things first - I have some things coming -in- the shop... a new grinder ( Coote, about to order it this afternoon if all goes according to plan... ) and heat-treating salt tanks.

Coming out? I have a couple cool commissions - one is a composite pattern welded Celtic falcata about 22" long with cast silver handle decorations ( www.jloose.com/al.html (http://www.jloose.com/al.html) ) and the other is another composite damascus Norse inspired Bowie... ( www.jloose.com/bill.html (http://www.jloose.com/bill.html) ) there is a definite similarity in form and function between the Sax and the Bowie... big fighting knives. These will take up most of the Summer but I am finally getting my work to go where I want it to... cool mythological / historical commissions... and -bigger-...

I am also wrapping up some other similar commissions and one for Wulf! It's coming Wulf - and it gets extra cool for the wait. :-)

But first I am waiting for a late steel delivery... Guess I get to play computer today...

Mike Conner
06-27-2001, 11:16 AM
My first folder !!!!! Then I plan to put everything on hold for a while so I can finish my shop enlargement project. I've been too crowded for too long, need more room so I am doubling the size of the shop. It will be 32 X 40 when I am done,
Mike

dogman
06-27-2001, 12:39 PM
Wow, Jonathan, I can't wait to see that second one.

Rade L Hawkins
06-27-2001, 05:18 PM
I'm cutting out 50 new side lock folders now, and I hope to start grinding the blades soon. The blades will be approx 4" long and be made of 420-V steel. The liners will be Titanium and so will the bolsters. I will use only the toughest handle material available. they will be assembled with s/s bolts and screws. the entire knife will be bead blasted. These will be truly using knives for the serious knife buyer. I will try to keep the cost of these folders under $300.00 .The first ones will be put on the CKD as they are completed. hope this isn't to big a project for me------------Rade

Mondt
06-27-2001, 06:13 PM
I have a few gents folders I'm working on, a few small eligant neck knives, and some more of the regular big guys.

I'm also working on a couple really neat customs I designed with the customers, 10" spear point blade, and a thick chopper.

Roger Gregory
06-27-2001, 06:55 PM
All I can say is I hope we're going to be seeing these knives on this forum soon.
Rade's folders, Bob's Damascus, Jonathan's Sax/Bowie, Doug's spearpoint........looks like an exciting collection.

CKD has the lot!

Roger

Geno
06-27-2001, 11:17 PM
A couple of months ago I was showing off some Bronze Cable Damascus.(The old brass has no class thread)
Next month I want to give you colored stripes in it.
I'm building two new furnaces, one stand up, and one vertical.
I was just blessed with a brand new TIG welding machine.
I should have Mosaics by August.
It's getting HOT here in Texas, but I'm having fun.
God is good to Geno. :)
......................................BE BLESSED............................

Little Hen Knives
06-28-2001, 11:10 AM
well... I won`t be doin much new for a while....some moron in a 4 ton flat bed made sure of that!!!! for those of you that do not know, I had a near accident with my motorcycle, flat bed blew through a stop sign and I dumped the bike trying to avoid being squished....broke my wrist and sprained the other...but I`m still alive at least!!

Don Cowles
06-28-2001, 11:15 AM
Hang in there, Ron. We're pulling for you.

Mike Conner
06-28-2001, 09:27 PM
man that was a tough break Ron, but like you said you could have been squashed. Hope you heal quickly, we'll keep you in our prayers.
Mike

Geno
06-28-2001, 10:35 PM
We are praying for a speedy recovery Ron.
Enjoy the time off, do some planning.
You'll be back in no time.

primos
06-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Dang Ron, that's terrible. You hang in there bro. Like Geno said, we'll pray for speedy recovery.

TMarshman
06-29-2001, 01:14 AM
Ron, glad you made it out of that alive!

As for what's been coming out of my shop, mostly my kids with my tools in their mitts! :)

I am getting closer and closer to getting that first blade ground...

MIKE KOLLER
06-29-2001, 01:45 AM
Glad to hear that you are still with us Ron,and praying for a speedy recovery for you.

There are several projects that have been delayed coming out if my shop,but things are looking better every day.I hope all will be pleased with them.

Gary Mulkey
06-29-2001, 10:27 PM
Ron,

Just saw that you had some tough luck. I'm sorry but glad it wasn't worse. I've ridden bikes most of my life and luckily never got anything more severe than some road rash but I can relate. Hope you're back in the shop before long. Best wishes.

Gary
Fall Creek Knifeworks

J Loose
06-29-2001, 10:42 PM
Ron,

Glad you're O.K... How's the bike?

Still gonna get some of those HC RR Spikes for you!

BCB27
07-01-2001, 01:08 PM
Ron, hope you have a speedy recovery.
In the next couple months I hope to complete the two damascus pieces I have had in the works for too long. I also want to build my first folder, and work towards progessively complicated pieces.

Brett

Brad Duncan
07-11-2001, 09:40 PM
Right now I am working on the new Duncan/Pirela D/A that were ordered at the Blade show.I want to rap up th first 10 next week.I also am working on a new knife I would like to call "The Viper".I plain to make a manual version as well as a hidden release D/A.This Knife will have more curves than my others.I also have a Ton of orders to fill.Look for my new 7.5" 14" over all fixed blade that was designed by me and a ex Navy Seal.This is nothin but knife.Well that is my summer.To many things to mention.But I tryed.
Sincerley,
Brad

www.duncanknives.com/main.htm (http://www.duncanknives.com/main.htm)

dogman
07-11-2001, 11:14 PM
Brad, you are a man on a mission.