View Full Version : Welcome Steve Schwarzer

KNAdmin
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me be the first to welcome Steve Schwarzer to the moderation panel for the Knife Network custom knife forums team.

I was able to speak to Steve in Atlanta and have been holding this announcement back since then. If you have an appreciation for fine Damascus steel and want to learn all about it, Steve Schwarzer is your man!

Welcome aboard, Steve!

Alex

Terry Primos
06-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Welcome aboard Steve. We're proud to have you.

HellForged
06-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Most definitely welcome to the family.

~Matthew Lomas

schwarzer
06-25-2004, 06:32 AM
The american knife maker drives the world market on knives . We are the cutting edge because we freely share information that improves the craft for every body involved. My time is limited but I will try to answer any questions you may have on pattern development and Damascus steel in any form. I am new to working a forum so if I dont get up to speed right away please be patient

SharpByCoop
06-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi Steve, glad to see you on board!

You have a gift for words and especially knowledge. This forum will become a good place for YOU and us to learn. I know you'll enjoy it.

See ya!

Coop

rhrocker
06-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Steve, weldome aboard, very glad to have you with us. I'll have questions for you as time goes on, let us know if we can do anything for you by the way. This is great news!

Ed Caffrey
06-25-2004, 08:40 AM
What an honor to have the "King" of Mosaic here with us! I'm here to thank Steve for all his efforts in damascus steel, and for bringing us into the the "Mosaic Age". I'm glad we have such a talented damascus man here! You can bet I'll be keeping a close eye on this forum!
Welcome Steve!

Darrel Ralph
06-25-2004, 12:08 PM
WOW!!!!!
The master is on board!
Its nice to see the ABS fellows posting and moderating!

fitzo
06-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Very exciting! Welcome, Steve Schwarzer! The KNET has stepped it up bigtime creating a HT forum and now the Damascus forum! Thanks, Alex!

Don Cowles
06-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi, Steve- mighty glad you're with us! :)

SKIVIE
06-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Very , Very cool. Welcome aboard Steve.

Shane

J.Arthur Loose
06-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Nice. I'll be keeping up on this forum for sure.

Roger Gregory
06-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Welcome Steve. You've got the rest of the world watching the forum too :)

Roger

luc
06-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey Steve!
Glad to have you aboard.
Lucas

Ron Claiborne
06-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Hello Steve good to see you in here , nothing like learning from the master ,im looking forward to this room being very active

Jerry Oksman
06-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Welcome, Steve Glad to have you with us !

Osprey Guy
06-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Steve-

A big welcome to the Knife Network! (I'm still trying to get used to not saying "CKDForums").

It was a pleasure meeting you at Blade (I was the guy bending your ear about the Forums when Alex and Darrel walked over). It is indeed an honor to have yet another master of your caliber in our midst. I know I'll be spending time here gleaning some of your sage advice!

While talking with you at Blade, we were discussing the business end of the knife industry and you mentioned how you thought you'd been taking it a little too easy with your own marketing...and how you were going to start getting more aggressive. When you told me "the blinders are coming off"..you weren't kidding! This is a great place to come out fighting and as moderator of this forum I'm sure you'll do just that...in Spades!

So glad to have you here!!!

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby! :smokin

raker
07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't say "Hello" Steve. At least now I will know when your around. :)
Ray Kirk

Buddy Thomason
07-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Good news indeed! I'm not a maker but I have had the pleasure of getting to know Steve Schwarzer over the past year or so. In addition to his enormous talent, he is a terrific teacher. I've sat in on a couple of his damascus demonstrations at ABS hammer-ins; learned a lot myself but also noted the intense interest Steve stimulates in his audience. He's a very funny guy too - don't get him started on wrasslin' gators though! Here's a picture of Steve during a damascus demonstration at the Batson Symposium in Alabama this past April. That's my wife, Laura assisting during the demo.
http://www.fototime.com/0FBE8A8CC825DF2/orig.jpg

If you haven't visited Steve's website, you should. Here's the link: http://www.steveschwarzer.com/index.htm Check out the "My Other Adventures" page. That little cannon of his looks like outrageous fun!

Laura and I are fortunate to own a couple of Steve's fantastic folders. You can see one of them at this link: http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22298 Unless there is an objection, maybe I should start a thread with an image of each knife and see if those who frequent this forum would like to have Steve discuss aspects of his technique and/or answer questions.

Lawrence Kemp
07-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi Steve and welcome! Your work is outstanding, and we are very fortunate to have you here. Thanks!