View Full Version : Every now and then, we play!

Terrill Hoffman
08-09-2001, 01:19 PM
Everytime a knife comes into the studio I try to handle it with kid gloves. But then there are times when I can get out and play! Last weekend I got to try out two camp knives. One from the Jones Brothers and one from Mark Hazen. Trust me boys, they both hold up! I don't think anyone needs to worry about what these two will take.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=243110&a=10627614&p=52738254&Sequence=0&res=high

ansoknives
08-09-2001, 01:28 PM
looks like a pair of beaters and workers!

ansoknives
08-09-2001, 01:29 PM
BTW...what is your judgement?...did you notice differences in performance?

David Dempsey
08-09-2001, 01:30 PM
Mr. T,

Looks like fun! Why don't you tell us a litlle bit about the Jones Brothers piece. If I recall you gave us the spec's on the nice knife from Mr. Hazen.

David

www.dempseyknives.com (http://www.dempseyknives.com)

Terrill Hoffman
08-09-2001, 02:12 PM
For the size of tree that I chose to pick on, I must say I was surprised! Neither knife was made with that in mind. I gave everyone the run down on the knife from Mark Hazen from the first time I tried it. It still held up better than I expected. The blade from the Jones Brothers was made as a result of a chat Barry and I had after hours at the show in Virginia. I was telling him what I needed at the tree farm to cut saplings. I got the knife last week right before I headed to the hills. It is out of D-2 and has a 9" blade with micarta slabs. I don't know if they are going to carry this model on a regular basis but they should! The one to two inch saplings were nothing to it so I tried more. My main aim was to show a friend how to capture action shots with a motor drive on the camera. A roll of film later, I had the shots I wanted and that tree was in two pieces. For what it is worth, neither knife needed to be resharpened. As to which one I would chose? Sorry boys, they're both mine!
Also, these shots are at full swing. I didn't just lay the knife up there for the shot and these guys don't get me to say good things about their knives. (OK Barry, did I say that right?)

viper5192
08-09-2001, 05:31 PM
Man Terrill you have all the fun!! Too bad Photopoint seems to be down :( Can't see the knives :(

Dexter Ewing
08-10-2001, 06:47 AM
Terrill - nice pics. I am looking forward to "knife sitting" these two while you are out at the PKA :)