View Full Version : River Knife

Sean O'Hare
04-22-2004, 11:12 PM
With its drop point blade design and 3.5" blade this knife is a great addition to your belt for any outdoor adventure.

http://www.ohareknives.ca/adds/river_mic.jpg

http://www.ohareknives.ca/adds/river_mic_sheath.jpg

Specs are:
Steel: ATS-34 Satin Finish
Blade Length: 3.5"
OAL: 7.75"
Handle: Green & Black Linen Micarta (very grippy)
Pins: 416SS
Sheath: Concealex (made by On Scene Tactical)
Price: $160 plus $10 shipping within CONUS or Canada (price in USD)

As always questions &/or comments are welcome.

Take Care,
Sean

Johan Braadland
04-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Very nice knife. I really love the big belly on the knife and the simple straight lines. F A N T A S T I C work!

Sean O'Hare
04-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks Johan.

Ya it's a great hunting/utility knife with the deep blade and drop point. The handle is also very comfortable with the deep palm swell.

Take Care,
Sean

Phantom23
04-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I have see the term "River Knife" used a few times now but it is not one that I have heard over here in Oz.

What is a River Knife? :confused:

Phantom 23

GANNMADE
04-26-2004, 06:50 AM
A great straight forward using knife.clean lines and no nonsense:D

Sean O'Hare
04-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Looks like this one is sold.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Phantom23 - generally a river knife is a name given to a knife that a canoeist or kayaker would use. They are usually fairly small and have a kydex type sheath to avoid losing it. They are intended for times when you need access to a knife quickly. It's a somewhat vague description I guess, kind of like trying to label a hunter or a Bowie knife (it's opinion more than anything).

Take Care,
Sean

kd5hrm
04-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Hand's off everybody. That's my birthday present you're looking at. The wife called this morning.

:)

Sean...

I can read the top row of your maker's mark on the blade but not the bottom. What does that line say?

Brad Weaver
73 de KD5HRM

Sean O'Hare
04-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Brad. Wish my wife bought birthday presents like yours does! ;)

The second line of my mark reads "NWT Canada" in a smaller text size than the top line. The NWT part is for Nortwest Territories which is the area of Canada that I currently live in. It's way up north (about 1000 miles due east of Alaska).

Let me know how the knife works out for you.

Take Care,
Sean

Hot&CoaledForge
04-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Great birthday present there, Brad!

kd5hrm
04-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I've been buying knives for 30 years but never had a hand made. I told her that's what I wanted and she told me to start shopping for what I wanted. I came here first because of all the nice work I've seen here since I started lurking a while back. This knife had just been posted and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, right down to the sheath.

I figured it must be a sign.

Looking forward to receiving it and I'll let you know when it arrives.

Brad Weaver
73 de KD5HRM

Sean O'Hare
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm honoured that you picked my knife as your first custom knife. Always pleased to hear that someone new is starting to buy custom knives. From what I've seen of some people's collections buying custom knives can be as addictive as making them!

Take Care,
Sean

SKIVIE
04-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Brad, Nice pick. You cant go wrong with Sean's work, along with many others here in the forums.

Shane