View Full Version : now I know this isn`t knife related....but....

Little Hen Knives
09-11-2001, 12:45 AM
I just finished testing one of my knives on THE biggest deer I have ever harvested!! a buddy and I went out to try to get me a mule deer fairly close to home tonight ( within an hour drive ) and did we ever, the hornd measure 32" inside spread and it prolly scores like 190 pope and young. for those of you not familiar with horn scoreing , how bout this....world record archery mule deer is 208" so I`m told. and for those of you interested...I`ll be posting a pic of it when the pics come back.

This deer prolly weighs like 350 to 400 lbs on the hoof!!

I will be in the Saskatchewan record books for sure!!

p.s.
Terry.....bet you want to go hunting real bad now don`t you?

oh and the knife kept on cutting, second deer my little folder dressed and still shaves!

Terrill Hoffman
09-11-2001, 06:34 AM
Ron, you made that post just to upset those of us who are still waiting for opening day. Since I don't bow hunt, I have four more weeks till blackpowder season. Like a lot of us, I believe there are two times of the year, deer season and the rest of the year.

Bob Warner
09-11-2001, 06:38 AM
Been a while since Ihad the Bow out. I bet you were (and are) pumped. Hope you break a record of some kind in your part of the world. Have a steak.

Little Hen Knives
09-11-2001, 07:18 AM
pumped....OH YES.....I`m still pumped, got to take the morning off work so I can take the meat to my butcher which is an hour drive from here. Then take the horns and cape to the taxidermist....aaand maybe make a call to Gary Donald of big buck magazine!

Mike Conner
09-11-2001, 08:00 AM
Man Ron you are killing me here. Lost my lease this year and am still trying to find a place to hunt this fall. You are a lucky man to have that type hunting available to you.
Congratulations
Mike

primos
09-11-2001, 09:45 AM
Congrats on the trophy mule deer Ron. That's a big one for sure. When you show the pics, show a pic of the knife too.

Little Hen Knives
09-11-2001, 06:11 PM
Unofficial score 184 4/8

Terry Hearn
09-12-2001, 07:17 PM
I got a cut on my finger, u wanna pour some salt on that too!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Little Hen Knives
09-12-2001, 10:22 PM
yeah, how about a official score of 185 4/8.....sorry for rubbing it in, but I`m a bit excited!

ghostdog
09-13-2001, 09:06 AM
Ron, right on dude! What the heck are you guys feeding them deer in Saskabush anyway? Like someone else mentioned, show that knife everywhere you can and mention to anyone you can that you are a knifemaker. Don't sign over any photo rights with out looking at them. I don't know how many between you and 1 but there is always a chance of a couple of bucks.

Only in Canada, eh?

ghostdog

Little Hen Knives
09-13-2001, 05:25 PM
Rock on! Canadian hunting is awesome especially Saskatchewan.In a week and a half I will put that little folder to the test as we are going moose hunting for a week with my luck this year we WILL get one or two and possibly 3.

other than knives, hunting is the best thing you can do! I love it and absolutely wait for it every year!