View Full Version : Terrorist Attacks

Shadowenterprise
09-11-2001, 06:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who may have had relatives or friends that were involved with any of these incidents. I certainly hope that none of our CKD members lost anyone during this.

I also would like to say that I hope whoever is accountable for this gets full and swift revenge taken out upon them (hopefully in the most painful way possible)

Gordo62
09-11-2001, 07:51 PM
DITTO here
gordo

rlwashburn
09-11-2001, 08:11 PM
AMEN to that

CKDadmin
09-11-2001, 08:59 PM
Remember the "Parable of the Fig Tree?"
Alex

Little Hen Knives
09-11-2001, 09:10 PM
I with ya there! I hope the U.S opens up a whole can of whoop ass!

Bob Warner
09-11-2001, 09:25 PM
My company lost three people that were on the roof of the second tower to fall. We were on the cell phone with them when the building fell. Three good people are no longer with us. Three people with a great future and families are lost for no good reason. It is difficult to hear the screams and then hear the phones go silent.

I hope we turn the entire sand pit down there into a big chunk of glass.

CKDadmin
09-11-2001, 11:50 PM
These terrorists are not the one's you have to worry about. All they are doing is preparing the soil of prophecy. The "seal" was broken in 1948, which signified the season and the generation. These incidents will not destroy America, or any of the elect.

The one you have to avoid is the one who will come next. He will make peace of it all, not war! ... convincing 1/3 of all earth that he is the messiah and has come to save the world from it's condition.

No matter what miracles you witness him perform ... do not be deceived! His name is the "Son of Perdition." He will come first!

Don't worry ... he will be also be destroyed!

Alex

bbat
09-12-2001, 03:07 AM
Lets how that the perportrators are brought to justice as quickly as possible.

What do you think Bush should do about this tragedy?

Andrew

BOB28
09-12-2001, 03:34 AM
First thing he needs to do is find out who is responsible. After that? Carpet bombing for seven days and seven nights sound #### good to me.

Gary Mulkey
09-12-2001, 04:13 AM
My prayers go out to all of the families that have lost loved ones in such a senseless affair.

As to the payback for this attrocity, I just hope some trigger happy army general or more likely vice-president doesn't get carried away and bomb the wrong people.

The best way to handle this is once we know for sure who are the people responsible is to bust through the front door of the appropriate government and say "I'm the United States and you will surrender these people to me and do it now! If you don't then I will consider you to be one of them and the talking is over!"

Shadowenterprise
09-12-2001, 05:50 AM
Bob, I am sorry to hear that. It must have been very difficult to have been in direct communication with someone as this was happening.My thoughts go out to you and your company and to the family members of the ones lost.

Even though, nothing can ever make this right or fix it in any way, the moment of retribution will come to those responsible.

ansoknives
09-12-2001, 06:02 AM
As said elsewhere I am deeply sorry for what has happended in the States.....I followed the news all the day and it is something that has effect on the whole World. It was truly a sad day for democracy and for all involved....I have heard from several of my friends and some have been directly or inderictly involved in this....

BOB28
09-12-2001, 06:23 AM
My appologies. I deleted the post. Now you have your bandwidth back that I wasted. Thanks.

Don Cowles
09-12-2001, 07:14 AM
Bob, to conserve bandwidth, next time just post a link to the site you want to share. Thanks.

William
09-12-2001, 08:30 AM
I woke up to the attacks tuesday morring and could hardly beleive it.

I have heard of price guiging and it makes me sick to see some people trying to take advantage of others in a time like this.

Maybe this will pull America together, I don't think whoever is responsible knows who he is messing with. There was less damage and loss of life at Pearl Harbor, and it was a military target, and look what hapened to Japan. Something tells me the sand will be turned to glass.

My heart go's out to all who were involved...

Steve Vanderkolff
09-12-2001, 09:30 AM
Everything I try and write sounds trite. I am Canadian and as a country we have always counselled restraint and moderation. Well not this time, whoever is responsible, where ever they are, and anyone that helped them beware the world is coming to get you.

One piece of evidence that so far has been consistent is that the terrorists used knives to take over the aircraft. There was a thread started on the knifelist 3 or 4 months ago on the making of knives that could get through airport security. Is this information that should be turned over to the FBI. I am grasping at straws for a way to help.

Stephen Vanderkolff

Mondt
09-12-2001, 10:11 AM
My wife got an e-mail of a miracle that happened to a lady who works on the 87th floor. She was knocked unconscious from the impact of the first airliner and was revived and walked down the stairs to safety before the building collapsed. The miracle was that the airliner impacted on the 88th floor immediately above her!

I think bombing until the sand boils might get their attention after this kind of attack. It is high time that the U.S. stands up and makes their power and presence known! NOBODY on the planet should have the guts to even try something like this against the U.S., let alone actually pull it off!

Shadowenterprise
09-12-2001, 10:21 AM
I am not aware of the thread on Knifelist, however the knives referenced have been called boxcutters. These are mainly plastic with a blade that could be disguised fairly easily (such as shaving equipment). I could imagine that someone could get these past the checkpoints fairly easily.

I have been hearing reports on upping Airline security all morning to prevent this. My advice would just be for the airlines to train and develop teams of individuals that were extensively trained in close quarters combat, to simply ride on every flight as if they were passengers. They could also be rotated so it wouldn't be obvious. Just my idea.

Whatever is done to prevent future occurences, I certainly hope it helps stop the threat of terrorism in the skies.

viper5192
09-12-2001, 11:43 AM
My wife and I spent 8 hours yesterday waiting to donate blood. I would encourage all to donate blood as siin as possible. It will deperately be needed.

As for airport security, it they didn't use minimum wage rent-a-cops who don't have any stake in their job it would help. Last time I flew, I knew of at least one of the security was pretty much drunk and no one seemed to care. It is time for us to get out of our complacency and say never again.

And as for the group responsible and the country hiding them, every square inch of the country should be bombed, boldozered over and the name of the country removed from the map.

Just my opinion

acs1943
09-12-2001, 01:27 PM
my son and I
would like to offer are deep felt Condolence

Alan and Ralph.
My your god watch over you

ddushane
09-12-2001, 05:14 PM
I got a new Bible a few months ago that has a lot of different commentary than my old one does. I started reading the book of Ecclesiastes; in the pre face of the book its talking about what Solomon decided about life. One of the things that was said was that " There is no real Justice in this world, But in due time God will set all things right. My families & my heart goes out to all that have lost friends & loved ones in this horrible act. Dwayne

rdjamieson
09-12-2001, 07:15 PM
I lived the last little sand trip for 8 misreable months, you cannot deal with those people, they understand only one thing. However the worst thing you could do to those little fellas is catch them try them and put them in gang population( catch my drift), for life!! You can't reason with someone whos' only ticket to heaven is to kill you!!!!!

There had to be a country envolved just with the level of logistiics. This was well thought out and it took alot of money to accomplish it. I think you don't have to worry, I doubt there has been so many p--ssed off admirals and generals in one place since pearl harbor. If America does nothing we invite the same or worse. I have every confidence that our responce will be calculated, restrained and ruthless!!!!! Ron

bbat
09-13-2001, 05:26 AM
Does anyone think that this could be the start of world WAR THREE? The Bible states that the Third World War will be started by a country in the east. Nostrodamus also said that the third world war will be a terroist war.

What about microsofts involvment, they made a Flight simulator?

Andrew

CKDadmin
09-13-2001, 09:23 AM
Andrew,

If you're looking for the true start of Armageddon, look to May 14th, 1948.

Alex

JohnHChris
09-13-2001, 02:40 PM
First, to Bob Warner - My heart goes out to the families of those you have lost and, espeically, to you brother. I can't imagine the horror of listening to your colleagues plunge to their deaths and being unable to help them.

Second, to let all my countrymen know what already has been said by some of our international CKD brothers - be assured, this tragedy is felt deeply and personally beyond national boundries. Panama City where I live is "at work" but oddly quiet, even on day 3. Most folks, when they can, are in front of TVs trying to find something that will help them make sense of this sensless act. Flags are at half mast. What way of thought, religion, ideals, beliefs could possibly lead one to think that this most cowardly mass murder could benefit someone or some cause? It is beyond my ability to understand.

Now the challenge it to punnish those responsible without loosing our humanity and all else that set us apart from the monsters who did this. This will be the most difficult task faced by the US, its allies, nations and individuals, in my lifetime. But one thing is for sure, those that did this have our full attention and they will soon wish they didn't. We will succeed.

Best,
John

Bob Warner
09-13-2001, 08:07 PM
Thanks for your words.

Although these men were on top of the building, they have not been located (or identified) yet. Their families are going crazy, our company is going crazy. We have people on the way to NY to be with the families.

We have been rerouting our fiber optic circuits to get them back on line so they can be used for the communications needed for the rescue effort. The very circuits they were up there working on will hopfully assist the rescuers, and in some way help in finding these men. Although we don't expect to find them alive, finding them will really help their families.

I will most likely make a knife to auction off at the next company meeting and the money will go to the families. It probably won't be much but I worked with these people over the phone for a couple years and REALLY need to do something. Hopefully, it will bring a lot of cash due to the cause. Everyone at my company knows I make knives and many have asked me to make one. I was hesitant due to the fact that knives were used in this tragedy but my coworkers still want me to make one.

I really appreciate the support this forum has given.

davebolton
09-18-2001, 09:19 PM
Amen. We were astonished. I can say without reservation that this occurence has made any distinctions I might have perceived between Americans and Canadians all but disappear. I think most of the world is having a similiar reaction. Hopefully the death of five thousand innocents will be avenged, at least, tearing the wool from the eyes of the world. Peace.