View Full Version : I thought you guys would like this one

BrB
12-01-2003, 10:21 AM
This is a thread going on Gaucho Knives I started on the Outpost, but it is taking a historical path so I think you will enjoy it:

http://ckdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=127611#post127611

Thanks.

Roger Gregory
12-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the link. I like those gaucho knives. I'm trying to find an excuse to get one :D

Roger

BrB
12-01-2003, 05:02 PM
You don?t need an excuse! :D

You got my link down my signature hehehe

Sorry.. couldn?t help it. I am trying to find out more about historical samples, and maybe track down the origin of the S shaped choil.

Roger Gregory
12-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by BrB
You don?t need an excuse! :D

You got my link down my signature hehehe

Sorry.. couldn?t help it. I am trying to find out more about historical samples, and maybe track down the origin of the S shaped choil.

I've been looking at gaucho knives since the first of the Brazilian knifemakers started appearing on the internet. A great traditional knife and some seriously good skills ......

The excuse ..... hmm ..... I need to think ;)

Roger

Mike Hull
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Roger Gregory

The excuse ..... hmm ..... I need to think ;)

Roger

Historical research on the people/cowboys of the Pampas??
;) :D

BrB
12-02-2003, 05:33 AM
You can always say you were driven by one of those madness moments when one looses his senses and things like that... but no one would believe you as soon as you show them the knive :D

They are great knives I can tell you that. Functional and elegant.

KandS_KNIVES
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Thank you for sharing the photos and some history of these beautiful knives. I have been a longtime fan of Meds and the gauchos seem to pull my trigger, also. Hopefully soon I can start making a few of this style. Again, thank you so much for the sharing.

Ken Beatty