View Full Version : Typhoon by Kenneth Rene Rangle

KNAdmin
09-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys...

I just finished filming a Typhoon from Kenneth Rangle. This is one of the best I've ever seen. It's totally clean and the mosaic pins in the handle are fabulous. This is just top notch work!

Hope you enjoy!!!

http://knifekits.com/maker-samples/typh-rangle-640.jpg

Alex

bmbowman
09-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Wow, man these keep getting better and better.
Makes me want to give one a try.

Brad

Dawkind
09-15-2003, 04:45 PM
That's about as clean as they get! :cool: Very nice filework and ya gotta love those mosaic pins in the carbon fiber. :smokin

I was gonna do the mosaic pin thing in my handles but couldn't wait to get started! :o

bmbowman, get with ol' Duane at EDCKnives (http://edcknives.com) and he'll fix up right up...... ;)

Very nice pictures Alex, as usual....... :)

ExamonLyf
09-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CKDAdmin
I just finished filming a Typhoon from Kenneth Rangle. This is one of the best I've ever seen. It's totally clean and the mosaic pins in the handle are fabulous. This is just top notch work!

Wow! That sure is nice...., and just call him "Rene" guys! I should get some credit cause he's my friend huh.....lol????

Break out those files Rene!!!! "Uncle Pete" needs help....lol! :)

Alex thanks so much for posting the nice pictures...., great of you!

Rene does about the best finish work around this part of the country.., and knocked that out in a heartbeat! He also cut the CF inserts to size himself.., and I didn't get to see this until Alex sent me pictures.

Very talented guy.., and the inside of the handles are also jeweled. Classy Typhoon!

Geeeeeeesh......you held out on me Rene...lol, really nice job! Next comes a "Maker's Mark"..., this guy can also grind blades, but I'd love to see him do some more kits of any kind!

This is certainly how you younger folks should get into knifemaking because it affords the opportunity to be creative without spending a bunch.

So how much to buy that back Rene....lol :) ~~> -Truly- nice work!

ixpfah
09-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Simply.... WOW! :D

Excellent job!

Pete J: Of course you deserve some credit since you're his friend!
And speaking of which... I concider you my friend, so perhaps I should get some credit for YOUR collection...? :D :smokin

ExamonLyf
09-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ixpfah
Pete J: Of course you deserve some credit since you're his friend! And speaking of which... I concider you my friend, so perhaps I should get some credit for YOUR collection...? :D :smokin

Tor.., after that Hornet you just got.., you don't need credit for anyone's collection! That knife is simply amazing!!!!! I have raised Arctic Wolves for many years (for reintroduction to the wild).., and that Wolf is in the top two I've seen done in scrimshaw (the girl isn't bad either...lol).

Knowing Mr. Hergert is in Port Orford is also a plus :).., and yes, you deserve total credit for my collection.., now send that Hornet back here....lol. I'll pop for shipping!

Rene.., we may have to fly to Norway just to see that thing "Up Close and Personal".... 8o

FivePointOh
09-16-2003, 11:15 AM
That's one B-U-T-Full Typhoon! Excellent work and nice touches. http://ckdforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif http://ckdforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

automatics4u
09-16-2003, 09:40 PM
o.k. everyone thanks for the compliments. and yes Pete is my friend and yes he deserves credit for the mosaic pins amongst other things. ;)
i did have to make a couple of carbon fiber inserts. originally i was going to flute the carbon fiber and polish but of course that didn't work out for me so i popped the carbon fiber out and had to recut a couple more CF pieces.
Alex thanks once again on the photos. i really appreciate your time and effort.

by the way its all in the photo the typhoon doesn't really look that good its all an illusion. ;)

JUST KIDDING

RENE

daveb
09-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Wow, awesome work Rene! That thing looks really classy :)

Dave

tonyccw
09-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Excellent work. Very very clean indeed.

KNAdmin
09-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Rene,

Don't run that line ... that Typhoon is #### near perfect! :)

Everyone here deserves to know just how good your work is, too. I'm here to tell anyone who hasn't touched Rene's work that when you pick up one like this one, you'll get an idea of just what Darrel had in mind when he concepted the design. Yes, it's all just a bag of rough parts when you get one. But, if you can find inside that bag of junk what Rene found, you'll have that sense of chi that Rene attained.

You know it's good when a person's first reaction is to say, "I wonder what he'd take for this?" ... that was my initial reaction when I opened the box he sent.

Nice work ... we really appreciate you guys sending that level of stuff in for official filming. Thanks again ...

Alex

Dawkind
09-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by automatics4u
....and yes Pete is my friend and yes he deserves credit for the mosaic pins amongst other things. ;) RENE

I don't know if I would tell that to everyone..... ;) ...... and Pete deserves plenty! :D

Again, great work and please keep an eye on our buddy when he's at your shop, I'd hate for him to lose a couple of fingers and not be able to type or knock the bottom out of that can of Brasso! :rolleyes:

Paladin2443
09-17-2003, 01:30 PM
A great example of immaculate filework, IMHO. It really adds a lot to an already very attractive concept! :D

automatics4u
09-19-2003, 01:08 AM
you guys are too nice. i should visit here more often. :D
thanks once again everyone. you have inspired me to go onward.

whv
10-01-2003, 06:02 PM
nice job, rene. thanx, alex.

automatics4u
10-01-2003, 09:12 PM
whv, thanks for the compliment.

It found a new home, Pete twisted my arm at Blade show for it :D It went to a good home, although Pete needs another bali like i need another handgun, we only have two hands :lol