View Full Version : Engraving/gold inlaying????

Ed Caffrey
08-18-2003, 11:04 AM
With my upcoming retirement, I'm itching to expand my skills......What I would like to do is take a class on engraving and gold inlay.......... what recommendations can you folks give me on who/where to go to learn basic engraving and gold inlay?

Don Cowles
08-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Ed, the GRS classes come highly recommended. They have them for all skill levels.

Tim Adlam
08-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Ed,

Here's a link to the recommended reading thread in the FE forum archives.

...My God! ... we got archives?!!!...:D

http://www.ckdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7828

Tim

Jeremy Krammes
08-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Tim...
Any Idea where I can get the Creative Art book by Nobili. I've been looking for it for a while, and can't find it, not even a price for it. I found a web page for the book, and e-mailed them but never heard back.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy Krammes
08-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Tim...
Any Idea where I can get the Creative Art book by Nobili. I've been looking for it for a while, and can't find it, not even a price for it. I found a web page for the book, and e-mailed them but never heard back.

Thanks
Jeremy

Tim Adlam
08-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Jeremy,

I purchased my copy from Cape Outfitters, along with the other Nobili books.
With the recent passing of Don Shrum, they've decided to close shop.

I'm sure a new agent will take over the distribution.

I'll keep looking for you.

Tim

Tim Adlam
08-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Jeremy,

Found it!

Galazan's has it among other good engraving books.

http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/catalog/default.htm

ron p. nott
08-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey Jeremy .. I have that book on my desk .. you should have asked my about it .. next time you come down i will let you use it .. It is a great book there are a lot of beautiful engraving photos in it ..

Jeremy Krammes
08-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Hi Ron...
The last time I looked through your books, I didn't see it. Thats why I didn't ask you.

Thanks
Jeremy

Tim...
Thanks for searching for me.