View Full Version : Another engraving project finished.............

Jim Small
08-15-2003, 09:47 PM
This was a great knife to engrave. Big bolsters....plenty of room to do the scrolly thing. The knife was put together by Dennis Greenbaum ( Osprey Guy ) and the owner is one of our forum guest and suporters... Rich Slaughter ( Rbslaughter ).
The bolster is 416 and nice to engrave. I want to thank both gentlemen for the work and the opportunity.
Hope you enjoy........
Jim
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pf4647609cef8e95156b8d7c94d12fc87/fb60ac9b.jpg

Tim Adlam
08-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Nice work Jim!

The grid pattern is a cool touch.

Tim

Osprey Guy
08-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Jim-

I'm really excited! Can't wait to see this in person (It's stopping off here on it's way to be "professionally" photographed ...no slight to Jim's photo ;) ) I'll be sure and arrange to have those pics posted when they're done.

This will be my first time to have a knife of mine engraved...consider it a real honor that it's Jim Small.

My special thanks to Rich Slaugher for bringing this together...He's a true and loyal supporter of the CKDF, and this is just one of the cases where he's used his wallet to prove it!

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby! :smokin

RBSlaughter
08-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Please accept my thanks again Jim.. I was telling Dennis what a pleasant project this was. Your updates and emails were always so friendly.. I want to echo what Tim commented on as well... I haven't seen it in person yet, but I liked the overall design very much, not to busy, and the "checked" portion is a great contast. It's something I don't remember seeing on very many bolsters.. Your inlayed "tear drops" are like the ones on the W D Pease folder you did that I liked so much... Again, my thanks, and I'll write to you when the folder finds it's way to it's new home... Best Regards, Rich

Darren
08-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Very nice Jim !!

Congrats to all of you that put together this great project.

Can't Wait to see the hole thing.

ron p. nott
08-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Jim beautiful as always ... great work i do like the grid work it gives the bolsters an nice acent also complements the engraving very well ..

Osprey Guy
08-20-2003, 09:40 AM
I'm being inundated nwith great engraving...

As I mentioned earlier, Rich arranged to have Jim send this knife to me so that I can forward it to be photographed.

Even though I'd seen the photo, when I opened the package I honestly didn't know what to expect....

Well, I'm blown away!

When I made the bolsters I knew that the large expanse of 416 stainless was begging to be engraved and said as much to Rich when the knife was originally delivered...Little did I know...

Jim's work is absolutely wonderful. It feels as if the knife was designed around the engraving....

Every leaf of every scroll is just where it should be...perfectly placed. The grid (which on a real quick glance appears as if it was done by machine it's so precise) is an amazing feat of impossibly small, hand-made magical flowers.

When good pics are taken and you see this work in context with the entire knife, I only hope you'll be able to appreciate what a great job of fine embellishment this truly is.

Dennis Greenbaum

whv
08-21-2003, 03:51 PM
beautiful work, all. love the tiny flower grid.
thanx

Osprey Guy
08-29-2003, 02:49 PM
I arranged to have our very own CKDF administrator, Alex Whetsell, take some great pics of this knife. I've posted them over in the Display Case under "Engraved EV4N1 Ironwood Folder"

Now you can really get a good look at Jim's engraving work!

Dennis Greenbaum

Jim Small
08-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Dennis
I just checked out the photo in the Display case forum. I have to say very,very nice. I hope it was ok to copy the photo to my document files. The guys in Atlanta did a great job. Thanks for posting the new photo.....and my thanks to both you and Mr. Slaughter.

Jim Small

Osprey Guy
08-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Jim-

If you need the original for any reason, I can get film from Alex. I have the jpeg he sent me of this and the other knife I made for Rich as well, the Eagle/Snakewood GX6 (you can see both posted over in the Kit Knife forum). 8o ;)

Dennis Greenbaum

RBSlaughter
08-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Dennis and Jim..Man, this is killing me you guys.. I'm the only guy who hasn't seen it yet...:D

Osprey Guy
08-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Rich-

Alex tells me I should have it back in my hands very soon...I'll look it over to make sure he hasn't banged it up too much, wipe it down good (all those Atlanta fingerprints) :lol ...and get it right out to you along with the other folder.

I know you liked the knife before it went to Jim...trust me, you'll love it now. ;)

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!:smokin

Joe Mason
08-31-2003, 07:10 AM
Just saw this knife in the display area and it is one great looking knife.

Joe Mason

ron p. nott
08-31-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey Rich .. I just had the honors of holding this knife in my hands and i want to tell you Jim did one great job ..