View Full Version : Thanks Steve.........

tom mayo
06-25-2003, 12:50 PM
I want to thank you for making sure you made it over to the Badlands booth and finally meeting you after all these years. As I have told many people over the last 22 years..............Your knives are an inspiration to all of us and in my opinion the benchmark for the best fixed blades in the business. It was truly an honor to meet you, and I have to add; the way you open folders is a bit unnerving!! :p

Hope to see you again soon. Tom

Steve
06-26-2003, 12:29 AM
Is that the best you can do for $20? I knew I shouldda sliped you a $50. As if I had one....

Thanks, great to meet you and the guys. Wish I'd gotten ther in time to see a Mayo folder or two. The Buck model looks great, however. Thanks for showing me around a bit.

These new-fangled colders are justtoo complicated for me!! I'm doing the best I can! I was clumsy before, whaddya expect from a Utah boy anyway?

dogman
06-26-2003, 06:59 AM
Sheesh, the first time I met Tom, all I got was a vandalized car.

Steve
06-26-2003, 08:12 AM
Pleeeeeezzze .................. give us more details about tht car, Dogman, OK? I can not wait to hear what happened!

Tom: How was it I opened that folder? I thought I was just like everyone else.

Sethhoward
06-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Does getting speeding tickets going to Tom's house to learn to make knives ten years ago count as a car story? : )

Seth

tom mayo
06-27-2003, 01:20 PM
hey seth buddy.............how the heck are you???

Drop me a line!

Dogmans car was only SLIGHTLY abused after a LONG nite in the pitt!!!!! :D
This year we had plans for putting it up on blocks and taking the tires.............but he didnt show!!! :(

And Steve.............pushing open the blade using the sharpened edge, repeatedly................made me a little nervous!! :eek:

dogman
06-27-2003, 02:15 PM
I was skeered this year:)

Actually, packing out for a year long vacation in A-stan.

Steve
06-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Dogman will be in Orlando, becoming a member of the Knifemakers' Guild. Go Bob!

I haven't cut myself, YET, Tom. Knock on wood. It was a liner lock-type, no? Not much resistance to opening a blade there. It is not smart, however! I won't let my Boy Scouts see that behavior! Better change my ways.

dogman
07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
The dapper couple...

http://www.srjknives.com/pics/Handsomeinc.jpg

whv
07-10-2003, 07:13 PM
first time i've seen a pic of tom wearing something other than a hawaiian shirt!
steve - did he let you keep that tnt? :)

PeterAtwood
07-13-2003, 06:12 AM
And Steve.............pushing open the blade using the sharpened edge, repeatedly................made me a little nervous!!

Tom, Les Halpern does the same thing. Drives me nuts! :)

Steve
07-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Nope, that was a Buck. A nicely done rendition, I must admit.

Les and I must change our ways!!!