View Full Version : Meet Les Robertson

Les Robertson
08-10-2001, 07:41 AM
First, I would like to thank Alex for this opportunity. I look forward to being part of the CKD Family.

For those of you who do not know me, I would like to give you some background information. I know for myself when someone is giving me advice on spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars I like to know where they are coming from.

I have been involved with custom knives for 17 years. While as an Infantry Officer with the 101st Airborne I bought my first custom knife. Two years later I became a custom knife dealer.

My involvement with custom knives is not just meerly buying and then re-selling. Along with Bob Neal, we created LDC Custom Knives. Which to date has featured 2 series of tactical folders, one series of tactical fixed blades and the world's premier knife combination carry/storage systems.

In February 2000 I introduced the Vanguard Series, which feature limited edition Tactical Knives.

I have been involved with promoting custom knife shows. I have soley or part of a pannel conducted seminars for both collectors and makers. In both the both the United States and Canada.

I have designed or co-designed over 90 knives that have been made and/or are currently being made. Many of these knives have won awards, to include Best of Show. Many of these knives have been featured in American Handgunner, Blade Magazine and Tactical Knives to include a cover!

I have written a hand book for the custom knife collector titled "Custom Knives Buying Guide".

While I am primarly known for my expertise in tactical knives. I also specialize in Damascus Fighters, Sub-Hilt Fighters and Bowies. I have even been known to sell a few Damascus folders.

So feel free to ask questions about any style of knives or materials. If I don't have the answer, I know someone who does.

I regularly attend shows across the country and I have a web site at:

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com

Best Regards

Les Robertson