View Full Version : knives in magazines

ansoknives
02-08-2001, 03:09 AM
Does a knife gain any value if it has been featured in an article??

primos
02-08-2001, 07:35 AM
Uh-oh, Jens must be contemplating a price hike. Get them while you still can boys. :cool:

ansoknives
02-08-2001, 10:22 AM
hehehe Actually I ment the very same knife seen in the pictures not model.

But prices must go up sometimes right??

JerryO13
02-08-2001, 12:12 PM
If you can provide the magazine with the knife it can, but doesn't have to raise the price!
More for the cover!

it's called providence.

dogman
02-09-2001, 06:50 AM
The custom knife community is too small for a good maker not to get into a magazine at one time or another. It is not like making the cover of Newsweek:) It might give a certain appeal to some collectors, but not in the monetary sense. The exposure one gets is the intangible benefit. If you are consistently featured in the knife rags, the overall value of all your knives will increase. I can't imagine any makers who have had a decrease in orders after an nice article.

ansoknives
02-09-2001, 08:03 AM
Hey it is much better than NewsWeek to me! I hear you. I was just wondering. Sales has gone up allready :)

CKDadmin
02-10-2001, 07:04 PM
You get in all the magazines you can!

Every day that you get magazine exposure is a good day in your career. I don't care what it is that you do ... exposure is essential to success.

Alex

Terrill Hoffman
02-25-2001, 01:49 PM
My opinion may be slated somewhat since I take the photo's, but I'm also a collector. I always believe that a knife has a higher value if it has been published. If a knife I have is in a mag, I try to keep a copy for future use and documentation.