View Full Version : Les Robertson ... I'm calling you out!

CKDadmin
03-05-2001, 08:05 PM
#### brother ... you've got 600 pages worth of knives over there at RCC. When are we going to start getting some dope on what's just arriving and might be "hot stuff" coming or available for some of our members to go look at and buy?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if we got first notice on all the stuff worth hearing about from RCC ... I thought you might give us first shot at the insider stuff over here.

We want prices, breakdowns and photo links ...

What good is a collector forum without anything to collect?

We won't condemn a man for using this key, either. $$$$$$
It's above the 4 on the keyboard. Just hit shift-4 and you've got it!

Anyone else wondering the same thing? ... When we're going to start getting some RCC skinny around here?

:smokin:
Alex

I need to put a message on the front of the CKD forums ...

"Attention CKD Visitor! This is not an anal-retentive, anti-success driven vehicle. Anyone with information that may be beneficial to our audience is welcome to enter. Anyone caught holding back on good deals and valuable information will be shot on sight!"

dogman
03-05-2001, 08:25 PM
I think photos with link-backs to the RCC site would be cool. We are a picture happy forum.

JerryO13
03-06-2001, 11:03 AM
Problem is, by the time he has photo's of the knives up they are sold! :(

Les Robertson
03-06-2001, 09:36 PM
Alex,

No reason to call me out. Im here. It now appears that after 16 months we will finally close on our custom built house on Monday. Of course before that, I will be in New York for 4 days. For the last 4 days I have been doing about 35 hours of landscaping at the new house (still not done).

So for those of you keeping track. After closing the house I will be semi-closed for 3 weeks. We have to move to the new house, then get the house we live in now, ready to put on the market.

I have had my house wired for a computer network and will be switching to cable modem so I will actually have my phone free.

Additionally, I find myself having a "good" problem. As Jerry pointed out the knives are usually sold before they hit the site (or shortly there after).

The new Vanguard knives are now in the works. I hope to have my book finished by the Blade Show. Ive been invited to attend Canadian Knifemakers Guild Show to judge their awards and speak the group after the business meeting.

So things are busy here, as they are with all of us.

One of these days I may even get my web site redone! :D

CKDadmin
03-06-2001, 09:48 PM
OK ... I feel much better now.

Alex

JerryO13
03-07-2001, 11:11 AM
Hey Les, put me down for one of your books when it's ready (autographed of course :) ) and I will see you at the NY show this weekend.

CKDadmin
03-07-2001, 01:09 PM
Jerry ... good idea!

Les, I want one of those too ... signed as well!

What's the chance of CKD getting some distribution on that? I'm not all that concerned with selling it, but I would like to have information available and links for our members to find the source ...

Alex

Roger Gregory
03-07-2001, 06:06 PM
Okay, so what's the book all about? Some information for those of us on the Right Side of the Pond please :)

Roger

JerryO13
03-07-2001, 06:19 PM
Les is writing a book about buying custom knives do's, don'ts that kind of thing. I don't know the title or even if there is one yet.

ERIC ELSON
03-07-2001, 06:22 PM
Mr. Robertson,

I look forward seeing you at the Canadian Knifemakers Guild show this year!! Your presentation at last years guild meeting was really enlightining, especially for a new Maker like me!!

Eric Elson

Les Robertson
03-12-2001, 08:48 AM
Hi Jerry,

The book will be available at the Blade Show this year. It will be an interesting book from the view point that there will be no pictures, no knife makers names and no drawings.

It's not so much a "do's and dont's" book as it is my suggestions and recommendations for selecting knives, knife makers and dealers. Of coruse the book will strongly recommend one dealer over all others! :D

The book will be "handbook" size. In that you will be able to put it in your pocket so you can carry it around as a resource when you attend shows.

I am hoping to make the cover green, so you will think of the money you are saving every time you pull the book out and use it.

Eric,

Thanks for you kind words. Looks like Ill be talking to the Guild Members again after the business meeting. Look forward to talking with you in Toronto.

CKDadmin
03-12-2001, 12:47 PM
Les,

Tell your publisher that you already have one copy sold. They like to hear that kind of stuff! ;)

Alex

PS - I like the "green cover" idea ... nice!

JerryO13
03-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Les, I doubt I'll be at the Blade show so you better save me a copy!