View Full Version : Great Meeting

mrsjoan
04-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Joan & I just arrived home from the Spring Meeting of the North Carolina Custom Knifemaker's Guild. It was held in Troy NC. What a beautiful little town.

Another great meeting Andrew. The demos were very good. I am sorry Joan & I had to miss Alan's demo but we really had to get home back to Swainsboro, GA.

The elections for officers were held and I think we have a good slate of folks again with Marge joining as secretary, Barry serving another term, you as VP and Tommy as President.

The fellowship of everyone is always so warm. It is good to get together and catch up with each other as we learn. Can't wait till the next one.

John

mrsjoan
04-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Just noticed I posted under Joan's name. Looks like I'll have to get me a user ID for my posts. Or maybe not since she is the comptuer person and I'm just the knifemaker.

Andrew McLurkin
04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Split personalities will get you every time Joan...I mean John. :confused:

I agree about it being a very good meeting. I heard the same from several members Sunday afternoon. It is always good to see everybody and Montgomery Community College is just the best.

John thanks for volunteering to donate a knife for the Show Raffle.
See you at the July meeting. Oh yeah, got anything you want to do a demo on? :)

Phillip Jones
04-14-2003, 02:31 PM
The meeting was lots of fun.
I really enjoyed the demos and the friendly atmosphere.

Hey Andrew,
Hope you got my email about a demo for the next meeting. I don't think that one has been done at a meeting before so it should get some people interested.

After the Blade Show I will work on some mokume and see if I can get the technique down. I still want to do that demo at a future meeting but haven't had the time to work on it because of a project I have in the works for the Blade Show.

Andrew McLurkin
04-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Phillip, I got your email a few minutes ago. Thanks!