View Full Version : Mark Hazen

fria1
04-30-2001, 05:48 AM
Today I received my Chute knife from Mark - and I love it!
I take the chance to thank Mark and Alex from CKD for their help.
Andy

dogman
04-30-2001, 08:09 AM
I hope to see Mark's work in person at the Blade Show.

CKDadmin
05-01-2001, 12:01 PM
Andy,

Give us a review ...

Alex

fria1
05-03-2001, 08:02 AM
ok alex - i will do my best, not so easy for me in englisch....

the chute knife is 10 1/2" overall, blade is 5 1/2". the blade steel is ATS 34.
the knife is nicely tapered, the handle is beautiful desert ironwood and black fiber spacers. guard and pins are 303 stainless and there is a thong hole. the blade has a mirror finish.
what can i say - it looks great and the processing (?) is nice. the fitting of the pins is perfect and i love this desert ironwood.
more later
andy

Terrill Hoffman
05-04-2001, 08:56 AM
I have been cheating. Mark just brought by a few of his latest blades for me to look at. For those looking for a great survival, utility, camp, defense knive, just wait a few days. Once he gets the handles on these blades I'll post a few shots. Sorry guys, the one with desert ironwood is mine!

CKDadmin
05-04-2001, 01:42 PM
Andy ...

Thanks partner!

I think Mark is one of the "best buys" around, actually.

Terrill ... nice photo work too! Those listing shots are very clean!

Alex

Boriqua
05-27-2001, 09:31 AM
I have been looking very hard at the Mark Hazen chute knives. Could someone tell me what the stock thickness is??
Does he have a web site or email address? I couldnt find any info on him other than the wonderful pictures of his work.
ALex

MIKE KOLLER
05-27-2001, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the Custom Knife Directory forum.

You can find more information about Mark Hazen at the CKD main page .Here is a link www.customknifedirectory.com/CKD_Mainframe.htm (http://www.customknifedirectory.com/CKD_Mainframe.htm) look under fixed blades.

dogman
05-27-2001, 10:23 AM
Hi, Alex.
As Mike said, Mark sells his knives through the Custom Knife Directory. He is one of the best kept secrets in custom knifemakers...but hopefully not a secret for too long:)

Also, you can find his knives under the Tactical/Fighter section of the sale listings.

And...go to the profile section to read his profile:)

Boriqua
05-27-2001, 11:46 AM
Hey mike Thanks for the welcome ! I have been reading posts for most of the morning. The civility demonstrated on this board is to be commended.

Dogman
I am either just doing something wrong or just plain not with it this morning. I have been through the makers profiles a half dozen times and have yet to see his name. I have looked at every single picture .... more than once .. but cant find anything about him. If you can give me a direct link or more direction I would surely appreciate it.

From the photos Mark Hazen's stuff looks wonderful. The price is a steal. (Oh wait I take that back until I get mine :) )I cant see him staying secret for to long. I felt the same way about Bruce Evans. Think Ill place my order for that Hazen this evening.

dogman
05-27-2001, 12:54 PM
Alex, that is my fault. I thought I had put his profile up. I will have to take care of that. So which one are you getting?

Roger Gregory
05-27-2001, 04:20 PM
Hi Alex

Welcome to CKD. Maybe you should offer a reminder of your website, I'd personally like another look through the collection. It's a long time since I took a look in on rec.knives which I know is your real 'home' :)

I keep looking at those Hazen knives too....

Roger

Mark Hazen
05-28-2001, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, I really appreciate all the kind words. That means more to me than you know!! Alex and I spoke about doing my Maker Profile awhile back and he told me to send in the info. I have been so busy grinding steel, I have not done it yet. Alex is the most "on the ball" guy I have ever come in contact with, so give me a couple days and I'll get the info to him. If any of you would like to get in touch with me directly, my e-mail is: mhazen@carolina.rr.com. Once again thanks for all the kind words. Keep in mind I have a good photographer also, so that helps a bunch. Mark

Boriqua
05-30-2001, 09:32 PM
Well I went ahead and placed an order for the ATS34 with red spacers and white micarta tonight. Hope its still available. That was a tough choice between the three chute knives on the site now !!!
Anyway here is my collection page. Its in desperate need of an update as I have new toys to take pictures of but in case your interested

My Knife page
home.att.net/~a.boriqua/ (http://home.att.net/~a.boriqua/)

Alex

MIKE KOLLER
05-30-2001, 10:57 PM
Alex,Very impressive page and knives too of course :)

Dexter Ewing
06-26-2001, 04:39 PM
I've known Mark for a while and have had the pleasure of seeing his work up close on a few occasions, including during a visit to Terrill's studio. Very nice fit and finish. He definitely has the drive for making knives....especially after he went to visit GenO Denning! :) Keep up the great work, Mark!