View Full Version : Engraving on a Sub-Hilt Fighter

Jim Small
03-19-2003, 09:12 PM
In my last post I asked embelishers....engravers, filers.... to submitt any photos to my e-mail address and I would post their work. Joe Mason from Brandon, Mississippi took me up on my request. Joe has been engraving for about 8 years and according to the note he sent me has been engraving for other makers for about a year. Our good friend Ron Nott , engraver and poster on this forum, has been helping Joe to refine his work. Joe told me that he has a web site joemasonengraving.com (http://www.joemasonengraving.com) and looks forward to showing his work. I might mention that Jim Cooper has a great tutorial on uploading your pictures....Coop makes it easy for those of us who are a little computer stupid.
As you can see from the enclosed photo Joe has done a great job on this sub-hilt. All of us regulars look forward to more from the new guys.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p76618fa75154c9a982a2d6f982e5a5e6/fc7b6c1b.jpg

Joe, great job and we look forward to more........

Coops tutorial is in The Computer Center on the main forum page.

Thanks

Jim Small

rhrocker
03-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Jim, I've know Joe, Ron, and you now for several months. I'm very proud of the work Joe has been doing. He (along with you and Ron) has been helping me relentlesly trying to get me up to speed with my engraving. It's great to see you acknowledge Joe's talents. His website futher provides evidence of his ability. I know we'll be seeing a lot more of Joe Masons work in the future on the forums. Good going Joe!
Robert Hensarling
Uvalde, Texas

Tim Adlam
03-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Joe,...if you're reading this.

Welcome aboard!

You have a good eye for balance within your engraving patterns. Accuracy of layout is also evident.

The offer Jim made also stands with me.

Anytime I can assist with a question of technique, help with a picture post, or just to touch base and get acquainted....I'm here for anyone who wants to get involved in this forum.

Even though I'm geographically challenged...I'm only an e-mail or phone call away....:)

Tim

Jamey Saunders
03-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Very nice. Well done without being overdone. Works very well with the stag.

ron p. nott
03-20-2003, 11:10 AM
hey joe ... very nice job on the sub hilt.. great lay out of your scroll and nice shading of your leafs.. keep up the good work ..

whv
03-20-2003, 07:16 PM
symmetry is something that really draws me to an engraving job - and i'm drawn to this one. nice work, joe. and thanx for the show, jim.

Joe Mason
03-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys, for all of your nice comments. Thanks Jim for posting the pic for me. Have been studing how to post pictures. WOrking on a Michael Price Repo and will try to post it when finished.

Joe Mason
Brandon, MS