View Full Version : PAL Cutlery Co , Update

Carl Ward
03-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Well Boys and Girls I went to Barnes & Noble and found the info.

It is a variation of the Remington #R4083 difference is the end caps are not tappered but square next to the scales.

Stockmen's & Sheepmen's knife, Honey bone scales, Large 4" closed, 1 Large Sabre blade, 1 Sheep Foot blade (both on same end) Opposed blade 1 Spay.

Due to condition about 80 to 85% in good condition the book values it at about $150 to $200.

Thanks for all your imputs. Until I read this book I never realized how many variations of folder there were just in the remington line much less all the different companies.

Book also said PAL Cutlery Co Utica NY stopped prodution in 1950.
It said this brand is very collectible but not as valuable as Remingtons.

If I ever get use to the picture thing I will put a photo in.

GANNMADE
03-14-2003, 03:32 PM
the info i found was pal wasoriginated bymailmen bro. that ran utica drop forge tool co.the shop was located in holyoke mass
and close in1953.

Carl Ward
03-14-2003, 06:48 PM
You are probably smarter on this subject than I am. I just copied it out of the book and was not paying close attention to its origines. The book said ""1950 or shortly thereafter" so your may have it right at 1953, and said something about it opening in the 1920's maybe late 20's again it was not my purpose to become an expert at PAL just curious about the approximate value of this knife. I appreciate in extra imput you may have. Here to learn not to preach. Just know enough to be dangerous.:cool:

GANNMADE
03-14-2003, 10:42 PM
I DO ALOT OF CLEANUP ON OLD KNIVES FOR PEOPLE .THEY ARE
SUPRISED WHEN THEY LEARN THEY BEEN CUTTING APPLES WITH A
$250 DOLLAR POCKET KNIFE.:)