View Full Version : Central Texas Knife Show

samhell99
08-03-2001, 07:25 PM
I just got in from the show. I saw lots of great knives and met lots of cool people. John Fitch won best fixed blade and Duane Dushane(misspelled?) won best folder and best of show. I know this is not much of a report but all that knife fondling has wore me out.

James

viper5192
08-04-2001, 09:56 AM
Any better now James ;-)? Sounds like you had fun even if for 1 day only. Dwayne Dushane is a great maker and anything he does or wins does not surprise me in the least! Thanks for the mini-report!

Don Cowles
08-05-2001, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the report, James, and a tip of the hat to Dwayne. Great going, Bro!

ddushane
08-09-2001, 08:24 AM
Thanks Guys, I had a blast, & was blown away by the awards, The judges that I spoke to about it later said it was a very close call. I really enjoyed meeting everyone that I didn't already know, saw some awesome knives, Brad Duncan makes a great knife & is fun to be around, also met a young man named Kevin, can't remember his last name but I have it wrote down at home, anyway he showed me his first two knives & they were great, wish my first ones would've been that nice. Also met Larry Davidson's son Matthew (Matt) Great young man & is going to be a leader in the knifeworld, his knives are awesome as well. Enjoyed visiting with him & his girl friend, Sweet kids. Also John Fitch was a pleasure to meet & be around, his work is great, you just wanted to play with his knives the whole time. I make knives and have one in my hand most of the time but never get tire of playing with other makers knives, it's awesome to look at & hold pieces of art by men you enjoy. Most of us never get the chance to meet or speak to an artist in person, but in the knife community we get to make friends with these artist's, How can you beat that? Thanks guys for your time, your friendships, your input & advice, & just being yourselves, I Hope & pray that God richley blesses each of you this day & your families. Love always in Christ Jesus our Savior, Dwayne

40rabbits
09-24-2001, 06:45 PM
I would appreciate info on any upcoming shows in the San Antonio/Ausin area.

Bob Warner
09-24-2001, 08:00 PM
Welcome 40rabbits. That will probably be 80rabbits by this time next year (sorry could not resist).

You will hear about the shows here. Usually there is talk about a show 3 or 4 weeks prior to the show. If you feel like a little bit of a drive, there is a show in Mesquite, TX (Dallas area) this weekend. It is Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

40rabbits
09-25-2001, 07:48 AM
...thanks, Bob...a bit too much of a drive for me...hope to meet you down here before too long...