View Full Version : Just finished for ECCKS

HermanKnives
03-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Here is my first new Gents model in a liner-lock with pearl and 416 bolsters. 3 1/8" blade.
Pearl is very colorful but dont show in the scan. :( Gotta get some giraffe bone now, would look cool with engraving on bolsters. What you think?
http://www.hermanknives.com/gents3.jpg

nybble
03-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Tim, that's a beautiful knife. Thanks a for the picture, hope I get a chance to see it at the show!

Kelly Carlson
03-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Great looking knife, Tim.
Interesting bolster treatment, and they are just asking to be engraved.
Is that the shadow of a large, flush sanded pivot pin towards the front of the bolster, or are you using a hidden screw?
Reminds me a bit of a lockback I have, obtained from you at a Guild show about a dozen years ago.

HermanKnives
03-03-2003, 01:31 AM
Kelly,

Yep this is just ground down pivot bolts from Pop's supply in 303 ss. I would love to have some made in 416 precision made so they wouldnt show at all and smaller ones for that second little screw so nothing shows on the bolsters. I've decided to do my higher end liner-locks like this so they can be engraved, plus I set the tension on the blades so they work good so I dont really see a need for people to be able to thake them apart or mess with the pivots.

tom mayo
03-03-2003, 01:39 AM
I think you do that very nicely!!!