View Full Version : New Art Knife Forum,Hosted by Tim Herman

robert hyatt
01-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Hi all,
Tim herman just started a brand new art knife forum at pub31.ezboard.com/bartknives (http://pub31.ezboard.com/bartknives)

be sure to check it out.

KWM
02-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Interesting forum, but those pop up ads have to go.

AbelKnives
02-05-2002, 04:32 PM
I would not reccomend going to this foum unless you want to see disctusting photos of underdressed women.

MJHKNIVES
02-05-2002, 04:37 PM
Hmmm, disgusting photos of undressed women, thanks i'll go bookmark it now. :cool:

SIGGI
02-08-2002, 12:56 AM
Keith,

If you sign up (free), the ads go away.

Bob Sigmon

PS - If you sign up global instead of local your id will work with any ezboard forum.

hermanknives
02-08-2002, 02:27 AM
abel, there is not one disgusting photo there! and who the hell are you to tell me or anybody else whats disgusting?? i must have missed the memo about you being appointed god of knife forums. another busy body wanting to run everyone elses life for them i see, great! the only disgusting thing on my forum is your lame post!!

Coop747
02-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Abel,

You're right. That forum doesn't fit your model of a 'good clean wholesome' site. If you find it offensive it's OK to just keep off it. But to condemn the forum in another public forum is touchy at best.

But, I have to agree with the men, that women ARE beautiful and the ART KNIFE forum is about art and beauty as well. However it's shown. This is Tim's model of a good forum, and he will have a following for just this reason.

Tim, just a word of note, that Mr Abel is only 14 yrs old, and he is doing his best job of absorbing all he can as a new knifemaker. Including exploring your informative and fun site! ;) I think he has an opinion that doesn't fit yours, but courtesy in the knifeworld should be paramount.

I will say I read Mr Abel's post in your forum and he asked politely about his preferences. He means well, go easy.

I'll be signing up soon!

Coop

CKDadmin
02-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Yeah ...

You learn to take the good with the bad when you start serving up content to the public in open access and invite everyone to come take a look. It's part of the business. This is the opinion business and everyone has a different one.

Occasionally, you'll even get people who come in and post off-topic subject matter on the wrong boards, solicitations to your visitors and other crazy stuff ... even as unregistered visitors. It's something you'll learn about quickly, and you'll see that it's best to let it roll like nothing happened.

This is the only business I know of that "other peoples feet" are "your" own best weapons. Watch and see ... you really don't have to do anything, but be a professional. Other's will be glad to trip themselves up with no help needed. It's great! I love it!

Alex

hermanknives
02-09-2002, 12:40 AM
good lord i had no idea he was only 14! in my first response i was polite to him as i really didnt want to argue about it, but then i saw his post here on anothe rforum and that kinda got me po'ed just a bit. i thought it was very inappropriate and emailed him my feelings about this. the pics i have posted there are very mild and not rude type pictures at all. to each his own and if someone is offended by a pic, simply dont return to my board. very simple solution but to badmouth it on another board was pretty lame in my opinion.

thanks

CKDadmin
02-09-2002, 02:06 AM
They can only teach you so much in school ... the rest you have to learn on your own!

Which leads me to one of my greatest discoveries in life ...
"I have never learned a real lesson that didn't cost me money!"

Let he who hath ears, hear!

Alex

SIGGI
02-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Tim,

All though I'm an old fart, I think that your site is Sweeeeet!

Great Knives and Great Women (neither of which can I afford) in one place. Too Cool.

I think that your site in an inspiration to all maker to continually improve their art no matter what level they are at.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the forum!

Bob Sigmon