View Full Version : Your most impractical balisong

ghen
02-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to hear about your most impractical balisong, that you love nonetheless! This is not a slam thread, rather a "I love it even so" thread.

What makes it impractical? That my friends is up to you; perhaps it is too expensive to flip, too large to carry, or too illegal!!

Of course, pictures are appreciated!

PEACE

GHEN

louie
02-20-2003, 05:50 PM
well i just got two new additions to my collection as you guys know and thay are a little expensive but " i love them so". a 29 and the 49-01 are nice but too nice to carry in my pocket.

tonyccw
02-20-2003, 06:26 PM
I have one that's made by Ukranian prisoners. Very crude, and doesn't flip. But the idea that someone in prison made it just gives me a weird sense of irony.

pwo
02-21-2003, 08:51 AM
I suppose that my bali-sword is my most impractical. I also have many balis that I have put aside just to collect and have never flipped. :( If you own a knife and don't use it, does that make it impractical?
:)

BaliXpert
02-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by tonyccw
I have one that's made by Ukranian prisoners. Very crude, and doesn't flip. But the idea that someone in prison made it just gives me a weird sense of irony.

very impracticle... i flip both of my balis atleast once a day:p... how does the bali-sword perform anyway? i only have an origional phillipino balisong thats VERY OLD and one of the new silver dragon ones... however im getting a jaguar classic VERY soon... all of this is VERY difficult though, living in canada and all... dumb laws...

crosman177
02-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Wooden balisong. Wooden blade, handles, and latch.

I've only seen em though.:)

BaliXpert
02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by crosman177
Wooden balisong. Wooden blade, handles, and latch.

I've only seen em though.:)

lol... WOW

ive seen a ciramic one before too... Both of these are very impractical indeed... for i cant see the wooden one acting as anything other then a stake and im sure a ciramic one would shatter during a routine...

wrathlord
02-23-2003, 05:24 PM
made in china bali,1/4" stock 5" blade,some type of painted metal handles.It looks SOOOOO bad,very tough ,mean look'n knife,execpt it weighs like 2 lbs.Very impracticle,hurts the knuckles.

ExamonLyf
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
:)...I suppose the most impractical types I have are Baliswords.., and one especially. I'm at work.., but I think the overall length is 49" (maybe 47"?).., but it's got to weigh 5 1/2 lbs.+ 0]

Very impractical..., but I got it many years ago in the Philippines.., and I do like some of the native woods from the Islands.

Sniper-Boy has one that is a hair over 5 feet long if I'm not mistaken.., and I've never seen one bigger than that.

Bustard
02-27-2003, 04:13 AM
This one under the 42 is really impractical; It doesn't flip or cut, it just stand there looking like a bali...

My little impractical bali (http://digilander.libero.it/balisong/images/000_0053.jpg)

I posted a link because I don't know how big the pic would come out. Check it if you wish.

BaliXpert
02-28-2003, 07:56 PM
im sure you could get it to flip somehow...

and about baliswords... anyone got pictures of thier ones? like the 5 foot long one that sniper-boy has... a picture of that would be really cool to see...

OUCH
02-28-2003, 10:12 PM
ALL of my balis are "impractical" as I work in NM where they're "illegal " -- so they're stored in Arizona!!!!! AZ is my "permanent legal residence". Hope that gets me off the hook !! :)

BaliXpert
02-28-2003, 11:45 PM
lol... whats a lil mistamienor here and there:p... try living in canada where they can bust you for having a SAK in your pocket... aka CONCEALED WEAPON... argh... canadian laws make my collection limited and such... which i find to be foolish... for the knife is infact a very interesting tool...

blade1
03-02-2003, 06:56 PM
i guess my most impractical balisong the little fhm i have it's only 2.125" long open with a 1.00" carbon steel clip point blade, it has alluminum handles with black plastic inserts, i've had it over 15 years. my wife used to wear it as a earring when we fisrt started dating.:D

ExamonLyf
03-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by blade1
my wife used to wear it as a earring when we fisrt started dating.:D

Could be a new carry method blade... :cool:

blade1
03-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ExamonLyf

Could be a new carry method blade... :cool: i never thought about it that way. LOL :D