View Full Version : English knife afficionado?

Gene
01-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Gentlemen:

I would like very much to locate any avid British knifesmith or collector - someone who is really interested in the historicity of the English blades. I'm trying to locate an obscure archeaological article on a particular blade, plus I would like to locate that blade and purchase photos of it, if possible.

Does anyone know any of our cousin knife folk over there across the pond?

Or, if you're already over there on the other side, I would enormously appreciate it if you would drop me a line to my personal email address.

Thank you very much!

Gene

whv
01-25-2003, 05:42 PM
gene-
pls check down the list for
nevermind - i see that you have already been there0]

Sandy Morrissey
01-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Dr. Neill, although obviously well lettered and intelligent, is looking for an opportunity to belittle your knowledge, and resorts to being hostile when questioned. Other forumites have been verbally abused by this man. You can take it from there!

Gene
01-29-2003, 04:38 PM
He he he, Helmar, you poor wretched little man, I don't even KNOW you :lol

We've never even met - or if we did you didn't impress me sufficiently to jog my memory just now! And I'd bet a million dollars you wouldn't walk up to me in public and say that to my face. :lol

Amazing how the perennially insecure enjoy venting their teeny impotent spleens - through the security cloak of long distance.

As a matter of fact, there is a certain knife in a museum in England, which I am replicating, and I have some photographs and reports on it, but I was hoping to find some enthusiastic English knifesmith nearby, who would pop over to look at a certain particular aspect of the blade, and tell me what he thought of it.

But not to worry, Helmar: I have it covered! I have two volunteers already. Very fine English gentlemen!

And I forgive you anyway.

Just go seek help, son.

Cheers!

Gene

Tim Adlam
01-29-2003, 08:34 PM
At it again, eh?

Posted by Gene on the "Arkansas toothpick" thread in the Display Case forum.
...all of your ENGLISH commentary to the contrary notwithstanding. My family and I having resided in the Highlands of Scotland for a few years, we don't care for the English anyway.

Gene... You're a bloody hipocrite!...

You've been banned from other boards on this forum. Why you persist in burning bridges wherever you go is beyond comprehension. You received the benefit of the doubt and abused it. You make other members uncomfortable with your presence and attitude. You use the anonymity of a computer screen to spout out your barbs with total dis-regard towards the feelings of others.
Leave the forums to civilized human beings and don't come back.

Sandy Morrissey
01-29-2003, 09:18 PM
You stated the situation that exists with great accuracy and without venom.---- Dr.Gene verified my posting with his reply. I have heard that "the truth hurts", and apparently that is more fact than fiction. It was not my intention to stir up a hornet's nest, only to warn to stay clear of same. Sandy

MtMike
01-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Sandy, can this be true? A MILLION Dollar winner?? Congratulations my friend !! For the paltry price of a round trip ticket from Colorado Springs to Mayo I'll be happy to help you carry home the loot.
Please reply soonest, I'd hate to give the kind offerer of this bounty the opportunity to grow up and retract the bet :D
MtMike
PS: Do we think there really is a Mayo ??

Sandy Morrissey
01-29-2003, 09:51 PM
I did not win-- I couldn't cover the bet. The story of my life, all for the lack of a few paltry dollars! You might notice that I do not direct my postings to the man. I have no intention of doing so. In the past I tried to patronize him to adjust his attitude with no response. This man is talented and intelligent but insists on alienating people that could have been friends. I have no animosity for his vented opinion of me, he is entitled to his opinion---- And, Yes, Mike, there is a Mayo, Florida! Sandy

MtMike
01-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Sandy -- I'd anticipated another visit with my daughter in Nokomis. And it seemed like such a sure bet -- I'd have covered you :D
Mike

Tim Adlam
01-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Sandy,

You have every right as a moderator to bring Genes "profile" to the attention of the membership and guests of this forum.

It is my sincere hope that Gene takes my advice to heart and terminates his association with the CKD, for the good of the CKD...
...before he faces the combined wrath of the CKD membership, the CKD moderators and the CKD administrators.

Tim

Brett Bennett
01-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tim Adlam

It is my sincere hope that Gene takes my advice to heart and terminates his association with the CKD, for the good of the CKD...
...before he faces the combined wrath of the CKD membership, the CKD moderators and the CKD administrators.

Tim

Well said, Tim. Honestly, I thought we were rid of him already. I guess, despite his claims to the contrary, there actually is information here that he desires.

Gene
01-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Good morning, boys!

Hope you're all alive, happy and well this gorioius morning - so pretty here today in Florida!

And I owe you much: it is SO enriching to start out each of my mornings, reading your hilarious attacks! You're a real meta-flea circus! :lol

I VERY INNOCENTLY AND POLITELY put up a post, to the effect that I would like to contact an English knife maker, to look at a couple of knives over there for me. I could not have put it more politely nor in a more gentlemanly fashion.

And then one of you rudely jumps on me with both feet, warning no one to reply to me for fear of my destroying him! :lol Right out of the clear blue, with no provocation, this lifeless little man attacks me - in second person singular, to be sure!

But when I tell him how silly that is, but that I forgive him, four more of you jump in - he he he. The fleas are on the move!

I'm was the victim here, not the perpetrator, guys. I said nothing amiss. You did.

And no, sorry to disappoint you, but it is false that I have been kicked off of any forum in my life. I have, in fact, not. But, under some certain circumstances, I could wear such action as a red badge of courage!

OKAY, ALL YOU VIGILANTES: Why don't you kiddies get together and agree concerning this: (a) You immediately drive me out of your CKD private club once and for all (a simple persona non grata email from your leader will be sufficient). (b) OR, attempt to be kind and considerate human beings for a change - cultured pre-baby-boomer gentlemen, and, when I post an innocent and inoffensive note, you dont jump through so many hoops in your impotent attampts to hurt me?

Remember, "sticks and stones" boys - ha ha ha ha.

How about it? Am I in with gentlemen or not?

Again, either way, I forgive you for trying to hurt me. It doesn't - at all. God forbid you ever know REAL hurt.

Gene

Jerry Oksman
01-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm not in the habit of locking or deleting threads, but I will lock this one.