View Full Version : Getting geared up

mrsjoan
01-17-2003, 05:55 PM
John & I took a rare moment tonight to go eat out and look forward. 7 days and counting. Next Saturday (Jan 25) is the January meeting for the North Carolina Custom Knifemaker's Guild. WE ARE READY!!!! Life has been hectic and somewhat stressful in small town Georgia for the last few weeks. We are looking forward to the trip and getting together with friends. John is working on a new piece I hope he has ready to show. It is a Persian style Damascus creation for shipping to Japan. He also has a couple of other orders to finish before the end of the month--so maybe he'll have plenty to show.

We have met several folks at some of our more recent shows and have the prospect of a very enthusiastic young man from Savannah, Georgia meeting us in Troy. He has been down twice this month for grinding tips. John also has a business contact (auto machine shop) in Charlotte. We are going to send out a newsletter to him and make sure he has directions and all needed info to attend (if his schedule allows). Darien and his son really like knives.

Oh yeah, and Marge & Carol---I am going by Granny's Kitchen for another of the 14 layer chocolate cakes. We can munch on that while the guys are playing. Be sure and bring the coffee.

I guess you can tell----WE ARE REALLY READY!!!

John & Joan Poythress

www.poythresscustomknives.com (http://www.poythresscustomknives.com)

Andrew McLurkin
01-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I?m really looking forward to the meeting also Joan. I met a local knifemaker who plans to attend the meeting with me. He?s retired and has been making knives for some years. It?s always good to see new makers at the meetings.

With a newborn and 2 year-old I can relate to things being hectic. I haven?t been getting in my shop as much as I would like the past two months. I hate getting behind. I?m hoping that things will settle down some in the coming months.

Until then... :smokin

Barry Jones
01-18-2003, 10:52 PM
I am really looking forward to the meeting. It is always such a great time :D Great people as well.:cool:

Mom asked me to get ideas for what she will cook for us to take to the meeting. Any ideas or suggestions?

Andrew McLurkin
01-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Food!!! Tell her everything she's made has been good. I think she made a glazed lemon cake that was very tasty.

simmonsk
01-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi,
This is Nan's first trip to Troy. Since we have not been anywhere together since the NCGuild show, we are going to make a mini-vacation out of it. You all, meeting, probably more you all, Tommy's restaurant, movie and etc. Wish me luck on the etc.
From rumor and innuendo there appears to be at least 3 sets of Georgiaites headed your way.
Enjoy, Ken

Andrew McLurkin
01-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Ken, see you soon and have a safe trip. Glad to hear that GA will be well represented at the meeting.

mrsjoan
01-24-2003, 06:47 AM
It is 15 degrees in smalltown Georgia with a wind chill of 3 degrees. I LOVE IT!!!! But it sure does make the start of a journey cold and uninviting.

But let the migration north begin!!