View Full Version : Sambar Stag Scales - From a private collection

KNAdmin
01-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Boys and Girls ...

We have just bought out a major private collection of Sambar Stag scale sets. These are the "keepers" from 20 years worth of stag supply sales and are over 12 years old, minimum. I have 3 sizes in hand-picked pairs available. All are excellent to 'ultra-excellent" ... a fact. These are really not for the weak of heart, and are likely the best you and I will see for many years. Assuming they last long enough for you to read this, you are welcome to take advantage while the supply lasts. I will pick what is shipped, so every set will be booked as best as humanly possible.

If you are a beginner or just practicing, I recommend Imistag, definitely not these ... :)

http://www.knifekits.com/store/images/handles/stag.jpg

Read more here:
http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_products_handles_main.htm

Alex

EightPointBuck
01-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Those are some beautiful Stag Scales. I'm always attracted by them... :D

KNAdmin
01-08-2003, 05:32 AM
Thanks and yes these are very nice too.

I'll tell you, the Indian government is messing up with this stuff, considering the embargo. I think they are doing this to drive up the price and for no other reason. The point being that the stuff is already so high that many can't afford to make a knife with it and that will affect the market as a whole down the road. I called a dealer here in Atlanta that handles the stuff last week. He claimed to have some 3inch exhibition grade stuff available. They're getting $100 dollars a pair for matched stock.

I think the days of nice $30 pearl and $10 dollar sambar stag are gone! This is a word to the wise ... if the embargo opens back up in 2 years, like the rumors claim, buy all you can use for the rest of your life if you can afford it.

Alex

EightPointBuck
01-08-2003, 07:45 AM
My Friend in Canada says he has to buy most of his supplys in Canada..
because he'd have to charge quite a bit more if he purchased from the US.
eg... he sells a Knife for $250 now, but if he bought the high priced Stag in the US, he'd have to charge $350. :rolleyes:

KNAdmin
01-13-2003, 10:15 PM
I guess I shouldn't bitch. Has anyone checked the price of good software titles lately? :(

Alex