View Full Version : Interesting Percentage on CKD---


Sandy Morrissey
12-20-2002, 11:49 PM
As of this date there are 1287 registered members on CKD. Only 749 have ever made a posting. That is a percentage of 58%. What happened to the other 42% that have not posted? Sort of mocks the membership, does it not? Sandy

Osprey Guy
12-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Hey Sandy...

Go easy on the other 42%...many folks are just a little shy and would prefer to remain in the background. The fact that they've joined is a sign of their support and an indication that they appreciate what knowledgeable guys like you have to offer.

I suspect there are thousands more who have "just visited"...without taking the time to sign-up.

The contributions made by you and all the other "active" members is very greatly appreciated...the terrific reputation enjoyed by the CKD forums is ample proof of that!

Dennis

Yeah Baby! :smokin

Colin KC
12-23-2002, 04:43 AM
Dennis, you're too modest to say "us" so I'll say it for you;)

You're probably right about the other 42%, it's a bit daunting jumping in on a thread filled to the brim with such talented & knowledgeable guys (you too Dennis;) ) all you gotta do is take a look at the amount of posts in the Newbies arena that begin "This may sound like a silly question..." or in the Display case:eek: "This is my first, please be kind"

I think it's testimony to the friendlyness & helpfullness of you guys that so many people have jumped in:)

Roger Gregory
12-28-2002, 09:59 AM
I think I know where at least a couple of percent of the mystery members come from.

Down on the birthday list I see a few familiar names or handles, they are collectors who might not feel as comforatable as the rest of us in chatting away in the CKD's particular style of forum. They are more used to the rough and tumble of some other places, we're too quiet here :D

I am glad they are members, I bet they all visit to browse the forums, keep an eye on what's new, who is making what and you can be sure they have all signed up to the CKD Newsletter.

As for the rest? Probably failed attempts to register :lol

Roger