View Full Version : Birthday Greetings!

SharpByCoop
12-17-2002, 06:17 AM
I am going to start a thread here that congratulates and recognizes any member's birthday. :D

The birthday folks are updated on the bottom of the main CKD Forum list daily.

To some it's a small, non-noteworthy event. To others it's a triumph of physical hardship and good fortune. To ALL, it's a chance to look forward with a fresh slate, and also a remembrance of how important your parents were in this 'process'. :)

Life doesn't give us enough chances to be 'special' on our own. Let's make sure we let other's know we think about them, even for a moment! :smokin

Coop

SharpByCoop
12-17-2002, 06:22 AM
12/17/02 - five birthdays

Jonathan Loose is 31 today!! Ahhh, the ever-climbing path to 'middle age'! ;) Any joints getting stiffer this morning, Jon?? :lol

Congrats to Jon and the others!

Coop

Tim Adlam
12-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Excellent idea Coop!

Hey Jon, and you other old guyz out there...:p

Have a great B'day and a Happy Holiday!

Tim

Colin KC
12-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Yah, Happy birthday Tim, Jon et al.

Hey Jon, and you other old guyz out there

Yeah Tim, I'm sure some people will remember that Sept 26 next year;)

J.Arthur Loose
12-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks, guys!

I'll avoid the stiffy joke for right now...

Tim Adlam
12-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Colin,

Ahh...a good 'ol birthday roast...what more could a fella ask for?...

hmmmm...This b'day idea is getting better and better!...:evil...;)

Roger Gregory
12-17-2002, 07:07 PM
Sorry we missed you yesterday Coop, you were a year older than the day before, or something like that :)

Happy birthday today to the latest crop. Jon Loose and Tim Lively on the same day, just a couple of years apart :)

Maybe I'll ignore that part of my profile, don't seem to be any good presents going :lol

Roger

BigDB
12-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I guess I'll publicly say what was the subject of yesterdays email to Coop....Dang, your old i believe it was, and guess what Jim, your even older today:evil :evil
Happy birthday to all
Dan

SharpByCoop
12-17-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by J.Loose
Thanks, guys!

I'll avoid the stiffy joke for right now...

It's no joke. Some things get stiffer--and some things get softer.... 8o 0] :p

Coop

Osprey Guy
12-18-2002, 01:34 PM
I guess I've got to catch up on a couple of birthday wishes to both Coop and Jon.

The best to both of you!

You're both looking pretty darned good for your respective ages...must be the calming effect of playing with so many sharp toys....:D

I try to remember to check out the birthday postings,...sometimes I get so caught up in all the goodies found in the forums up at the top, I forget to cruise on down here to take a look see...8o

Dennis

Yeah Baby!:smokin

whv
12-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Any joints getting stiffer this morning?
all but the one you want :p

Colin KC
12-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Hey Coop, I wuz gonna ask if you were gonna make it sticky, but I guess you don' need to, happy birthday Tiny et al.:D

J.Arthur Loose
12-18-2002, 07:49 PM
O.K., Colin,

We don't need to mix up stiffy and sticky.

:)

Hey, whose birthday is it today?!?

whv
12-18-2002, 07:52 PM
this is exactly the kind of thing that kept me from entering my bday in the user cp! :p

Roger Gregory
12-19-2002, 07:31 PM
Now it's young Mrs Osborn's turn :)

Happy birthday Pat. I still think you need to knock a few years off that date or you'll catch me up :lol

Roger

Colin KC
12-20-2002, 02:08 AM
Yah, happy birthday Pat, Bill & Barry.

:) :) :)

falconhawk
12-20-2002, 02:21 AM
Happy birthday Pat et all.............:D

Hope no one is getting too old hahahaahaha!

Falconhawk

Colin KC
12-20-2002, 04:32 AM
With over 1200 members 3-4 birthdays a day, all year, this could become the longest running thread ever:D

SharpByCoop
12-20-2002, 05:39 AM
Congrat's to Pat, Bill, and Barry!!!

Have a great day!

Coop

KnifeWife
12-21-2002, 12:42 AM
and also a remembrance of how important your parents were in this 'process'.
I personally don't like to think about my parents and "the process". :o

Happy Birthday to Bill & Barry!

Thanks for the well wishes.

Gotta go...Gene wants to give me my "Birthday Spanking" . :D

Geno
12-21-2002, 10:56 AM
We are not too old yet:D

SharpByCoop
12-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Happy birthtoday, Darren!!! ;)

Coop

Colin KC
12-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Happy birthday Darren (http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=65&goto=newpost)

Roger Gregory
01-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Now it's 'old' Bob Warner's turn :)

Happy Birthday Bob, let's hope you get a fireproof apron.....

Roger

Bob Warner
01-02-2003, 07:45 PM
YEP, I'm old now.

I have lived longer than I thought I would so every day is a step ahead of where I thought I would be. If I knew I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself (old saying but still true).

Guess I will go out and make something special, then try to sell it.

No gifts, too close to Christmas. At least that is what my parents told me.

Tim Adlam
01-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Happy Birthday Bob!

Yeah, my parents told me the same thing...and my b'days in Sept!...:rolleyes:...

Bob Warner
01-02-2003, 10:47 PM
I learned to swim on my birthday. It was a birthday gift from my parents.

Getting out of that gunny sack full of bricks was kinda hard and the water was really cold. Other than tose issues, learning to swim was not really that difficult.

Tim Adlam
01-03-2003, 12:42 AM
...The way I was treated as a wee babe...I should've become a stunt man.
I learned early on to cling to everything for dear life before I could even crawl!...

...This is lookin' like a Monty Python skit!...:lol ...:lol

Please don't say you lived in a rolled up newspaper too!...???

Colin KC
01-03-2003, 04:01 AM
int't middle of t't road:p

Happy birthday Bob

Tim Adlam
01-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Yeah Colin, there were 7 of us...:(...on the interstate no less! Always looked forward to getting the Sunday paper!...;)

SharpByCoop
01-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Folks,

We are VERY lucky indeed! Last night at 2:23am, Susan delivered a very healthy boy. No complications, very little 'pushing' labor (20mins), and the baby has a very good disposition without *yet* bursting into crying (ever hopeful...!).

His name is Trevor Sherman Cooper, and he was 7lbs/2ozs, and 18" tall. Susan's mom Jane and I were both there for the delivery at Stamford Hospital, and it's an amazing thing! This baby is in good hands.

Of course the camera's were pulled out and, as I do, I spent a half-hour editing and putting them on the web for all to share. Breaking NEWS! Pics will be updating regularly, you can be sure.

See them here:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/3DE5B822701A354

I am very excited for us, as this is our first, and he is so healthy. When I left Susan at 11:00am this morning, we had already got him to start breast feeding. ATTABOY!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I know I've put a smile on your face, too!

Coop

Roger Gregory
01-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Well a happy birthday to Trevor Sherman Cooper, youngest member of the CKD :)

Congratulations to Susan and to you Jim.

You definitely put a smile on my face :)

Roger

Bob Warner
01-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife.

Well guess what. Trevor shares a birthday with some very nice and talented people.

Dabney Coleman
Bobby Hull
Stephen Stills
John Paul Jones
Victoria Principal
J.R.R. Tolkein
Mel Gipson

And most of all, ME.

See all those nice and talented people (excluding me)? Maybe he can follow the path they already traveled, or blaze a trail of his own.

Maybe he will exceed a 7.47 run on a motorcycle (don't tell mom till it is over).

Colin KC
01-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Happy birthday Trevor, we're expecting great things of you, if your dad's anything to go by anyhow:) ;) :D

SharpByCoop
01-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks: Roger, Colin, and Bob ! And in my exuberance, I didn't even wish YOU a Happy Day! I'll remember YOURS now for, ummmm, quite some time! :)

We were hoping he would pop out yesterday--that way his birthday would have been 01/02/03 !! Today is *even* better, though!

Congrats to the other members birthdays, as well!

Coop

Bob Warner
01-03-2003, 02:56 PM
You know, he could have been born 01/02/03 4:56am, but instead he was born on MY birthday. That is better than any sequencial numbering I can thnk of.

I doubt that Susan would consider her 20 minutes of "Pushing" a little different than having him POP out.

whv
01-03-2003, 09:32 PM
congrats, jim, and all the other bday folks

Osprey Guy
01-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Jim-

I am really happy and excited for you and Susan...

...and of course for young Trevor! :D

You've heard me say this before, and I'll never tire of saying it...the greatest day for me was when my daughter Piper was born. Here we are 13 years later and I feel the same way, only more so!

I know what kind of dad you're going to make, you and Trevor are both really lucky to have each other. Boy are you guys in for some fun times together!

I know you're going to love every minute of it...my warmest conratulations again to you both!

Dennis

Yeah BABY!:smokin

PS. He's a great looking kid by the way. Gee, you think dad's going to take a few pics over the coming years?:p

Tim Adlam
01-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey Jim!
A belated congratulations to you and Susan...:)...and a very happy birthday to you Trevor!!
Been out of the loop for awhile and this was indeed great news on my return!
My best wishes for all of you...:)
Tim

Tim Adlam
01-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Happy birthday Joe!...aka...Cwax...:D

SharpByCoop
01-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Happy Birthday to Jack O'Brien and others!

Although it's 5:00pm EST here in the USA, which means it's probably over for you now.... :( (Australia!!! :))

Anyway we wish you many more!

Coop

(Duh! I just found out how easy it is to look at the calender button up top and see all the birthday's QUICK!)

KnifeWife
01-27-2003, 02:47 PM
And today's birthdays....

Richard (roneill), Greg (GregL) and Mike (DiamondGKnives).

:D

On this day... (http://www.onmybirthday.com/cgi-bin/jan27.html)

SharpByCoop
07-15-2003, 10:10 PM
...and also Sylvester and others :)

Hope it's a good one and you were pampered!

Cop

Osprey Guy
07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I called Bob yesterday to wish him a Happy Birthday. Sounds like he's taking it laid back: "No big deal"....:cool:

I've kept in touch with "Siggi" on a regular basis...He's had some personal stuff keeping him away from his usual frequent postings in the CKD...he hopes to be active again when things settle down.

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby! :smokin