View Full Version : Chesapeake Knife Show Knives

Osprey Guy
12-09-2002, 01:06 PM
I just got finished doing my first show and in the process, worked my "butt" off making a number of new knives. I tried out several new embellishment ideas and rather than post them all again here, I'll link you to the pics I posted over in the "kitKnives" forum.

I'd love to hear what you think...
(there are 10 pics posted over two threads)
http://www.ckdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10861

http://www.ckdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10862

Thanks.

Dennis

Yeah Baby!:smokin

PS. I want to thank everyone for all their support, especially Ron Nott for his continuing words of encouragement prior to the show and early during the day when the show was going slow for me (happily it picked up nicely later on)

Also a special thanks to Coop for just being there, and being such a "stand-up" guy! (and it was really great to meet you in person at long last)

I really appreciated (and needed) that extra vote of confidence...

Tim Adlam
12-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Dennis,
Glad to see you make the leap to exhibitor status! Your work surely deserves it. Knife shows are exciting and nothing can replace the energy you get from the public and fellow exhibitors. I'm sure you returned home pumped up and full of ideas! Hope your wife and daughter had a great time too. When you can involve your family...well, that's icing on the cake!
....when I took my wife Kelly to her first knife show...that was it!!....I created a monster!!:eek: She loves knives! It's really great to have her involved and we look at going to shows as a sort-of "mini vacation". The friendships built during the years have meant a lot to us.
For me...knife shows could be better termed...Family Reunions.

Good luck and keep on truckin'!

Tim

Osprey Guy
12-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks Tim-

It was great having my wife and daughter there...

My 13 yr old daughter Piper, proved herself to be a "natural" at selling knives. I had to step away a few times, leaving her on her own (although my wife Michelle was still there, I Ieft the table in Piper's capable hands as she knows so much more about knives). Once while still within earshot, I overheard her saying to a prospective customer "here, check out the action on this one" :D I nearly doubled over laughing...she was awesome!

I just submitted my request for a table at the new Richmond, VA show...next month Jan.11 & 12. I'm already working on some new knives to have on hand by then...

I'm hooked!

Dennis

Yeah Baby!:smokin