View Full Version : Sam Alfano's lettering CD

rhrocker
12-05-2002, 07:40 AM
If anyone is looking for a good instructional CD on lettering, I suggest Sam Alfano's Lettering and Laser CD. Only $20+ some shipping. I ordered it Monday, and received it yesterday. Within one hour, I learned how to make up different styles and fonts of lettering on my dell PC with Microsoft Works, and size and flip the copy horizontally, ready for transfering to a straight or curved surface. Sam shows the acetone or lacquer thinner transfer method. The CD also focuses on Coraldraw (which I don't have). If any of you have that program, you're really set up nice. He uses version 10, however some of the earlier versions will d fine also. Here's the link:http://www.masterengraver.com/easylettering.htm
Robert (no commercial involvement here with Sam) Hensarling

Tim Adlam
12-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Hey! Thanks Robert and welcome aboard.:)

I'm ordering it tomorrow. I do quite a bit of lettering work and Sams CD will be a welcome addition.

Tim

rhrocker
12-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome message Tim! I'm sure impressed with the CD. I told Sam that I couldn't afford Coreldraw 10 (hundreds and hundreds of $$$), and he emailed back and told me that Coreldraw 8 will do just fine. He said he sees it offered on ebay for about $22.00. I pulled up ebay, found the version 8, and ordered it.
I still say Sam has a really neat product, that'll help anyone needing to do letters, initials, and a mess of other things.
You know, maybe ol Sam ought to send me a $1 for all these recomendations :o)
Robert

Darren
12-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Hi Guys:
I to am going to order the CD, I am curently using CorelDraw 11,
I started 12 years ago with Version 1, and I'll tell you what, there is no other Draw product I would use, Robert if you got V8 for 22 bucks you got one heck of a deal its an outstanding tool for all types of lay out and design for engraving, of any type not to mention if your customer needs a drawing for aproval first, and it will come (if its the full version) with hundreds of fonts. There are very few engraving projects that I do were I don't use CorelDraw at some point.
Thanks For the tip on the CD Robert, get into CorelDraw and really learn it well, you will find allot more use for it then you ever thought possible........Take Care

Jim Small
12-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Darren

How about letting us see some more of your fantastic, bright cut , western style engraving. We haven't see your work in along time.

Great stuff!

Jim